What's new

Cigar Source

If you could order from one source only where would it be and why?

• Cigars International

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • Famous Smoke Shop

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Holt's

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • New Havana

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • Thompson

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other, tell me.

Votes: 45 33.6%

• Total voters

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I personally have never order from New Havana but I know enough brother/sisters that have that I would order from Dan, no questions asked! :thumbsup:

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I would like to be able to afford to buy only from my local B&M. If I could that would mean I have a lot more money than I do now! :bouncetau

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I believe Thompson's, Famous and CI have their place. They are where people turn when they pick up the craft, They try a handfull of samplers and start to figure out where their flavor profile lies. Then they can go into specific boutique brands and find where they want to drop their coin.

In my experience, the big three above still have a good deal here and there. I usually don't check them as often as I used to when they first started offering them, but they sometimes throw a gem out there that can't be turned down. I picked up a 50ct Xikar travel case for $50 from Cigar Monster. That was a great deal.

I get 95% of my cigars from local stores or from regional B&Ms that I've cultivated a relationship with. Guys like Eric at Jack Schwartz, Empire Cigars, Leaf And Ale, . . . have great customer service and will put together something if you ask for it.

When the Airbenders came out, Jack Schwartz put together the SuperKrishna Airbender special, 2 each of each vitola so the LFD whores out there could give them all a try. That's what'll keep the customers returning.

I haven't had a specific bad experience with the big three at the top, so I can't comment on what you've described, but I think once you find a place where you can develop a relationship, you will enjoy the craft of cigars much more.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I usually order from Famous. If they don't have free shipping on whatever I am buying, I usually get on Cigar Monster and find a 5 pack of 601s or Olivas in order to take advantage of the shipping deal.

I used to have a B&M about 10 minutes from me but they closed down some time ago. Now the closest store is about an hour away. I don't get over there too much. I'd buy locally but I can't justify driving an hour there and back when I could sit on my back porch and have a much better selection at my fingertips.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
All i have to say is.... "Dan is the Man!" but i have found some amazing
cigars by frequenting my local B&M's when I'm in the area. The ones i spend
the most time at don't have a great selection because they're newer shops
but the patron's make suggestions, and they're starting to listen...

I will say this.. one day, i left my wallet at home, walked into a b&m that i frequent a couple of times a month, grabbed a stick only to realize that I didn't have my wallet and had to go back to work.... Owner told me, this one's on me, and i'll see you next time!

Katmancross

Katmancross
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coterie of online stores I get my stuff from: Famous-Smoke, Mike's Cigars, Cigars Direct, Holts, cbid, Cuban Crafters, sometimes CI...but the great thing about this forum is that I learn about lots of online stores I've never heard of. I've bought sticks first time from many places. This forum is a wealth of info for good deals. I'm not strictly loyal to any specific store.
I'm this close to getting SSDI. It won't be a fortune, but it beats $0. So I look forward to visiting some local B & M's I used to frequent but haven't been able to afford for a couple years. That's kind of exciting.
Speaking of Cuban Crafters...I knew they were there but only of late have I been able to try some of their blends. Calixto Lopez, Cuban Crafters Cameroon, and OneOffs have turned out to be really good and inexpensive. I just got a box of 20 OneOff Salomons on sale for $55. Excellent cigar. Not the OneOffs I remember from 5 years ago.

oneoff salomon vertical 2.jpg

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I chose other because I have ordered most of my stuff from Tim at Cigar.com. He has been able to get me great cigars at great prices. He is also able to get his hands on stuff that never makes it to their site that he send me in an email. So if I could only go to one place it would be Tim at Cigar.com.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I call in orders from Cigar Pointe(san antonio, good for viaje and boutiques), Good Karma (amarillo, good for viaje and boutiques), Habana House(austin, carries everything from Pepin and Pete Johnson), Empire, and Federal. I also use New Havana for a lot of products as well.