What's new

Cigar & Spirits Magazine- Your Feedback Requested

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Congrats on the new position!

Personally, I like to see interviews with industry professionals and profiles on businesses. Love the b&m profile idea as well.
Also, not to hesitate to talk about other interesting things besides just cigars and spirits. For example, Playboy doesn't just have pictures of beautiful women and mens health isn't just exercise.
The entertainment and informational aspect of sitting with the magazine for two hours is what is most important.

Oh and refraining from filling 75% of the magazine with full page advertisements!

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
Off the top of my head.

Something like a three paragraph review. There's a Goldie Locks way to review cigars. Halfwheel is way too long. Cigar Affcantspellthatword is too short. Happy medium. Same goes for booze. I don't need to know every single ghost note you think might be present, but a little bit of history and market info would be good. What's the story?

Profiles of killer storage solutions: Walk in Humidor of the Month. Something like that. Collections. I think peoples' cigar collections are very cool.

Interviews with prominent cigar smoking car journalists

Stories about wood. Cedar? Oak? Great spirits and great cigars owe a lot to wood.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Congrats on the new gig! I haven't read cigar magazines since cancelling one that will remain nameless because of the "elitestnest" of it. I see that already been mentioned, but can always be repeated. I too am interested in the processes of making cigars and spirits.

I haven't seen your magazine, but will be on the lookout for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes a working man's cigar and spirits magazine.. industry news information about the government and their stupid ridiculous laws they are trying to force on us petitions and information about how to help counter it. More up to date information cigar rights which I'm a member are some what sluggish. Maybe some pipe reviews.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I love the magazine as it was but there have also been many great suggestions above. So wild to find this post as I was just googling for a link to get a subscription again. I messed around and forgot to renew and let mine expire during a move we made a few months ago. I need to go find a place to get another subscription.

Oh and congrats on the new gig!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better writing. A lot of it is very amateurish and reads awkwardly, as if it were written by an intern. If you don't have the skill sets in-house, then hire freelance. Find the talent. It's out there. And by the way, going Walmart with your product reviews is awful advice, no matter how many people around here whine about elitism. Trying to be everything to everyone will just get you a one-way ticket to the cigar magazine graveyard.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
First congrats brother!!!

For ideas I like the storage idea, seen ng others peoples killer collections is awesome!
I don't mind seeing adds for super high end stuff( cars , watch's, planes even, I think it's cool) but some stuff that's more down to earth wouldn't hurt. I like the spirit articles, they have led me to buy a few things and try a few things. They had a awesome article on tequila a while back I believe that I loved. Maby try to give the little cigar guys( the ones just start out) some space if they are making good stuff.

Good luck bro!!!!