What's new

Cigar under the faucet?!?!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A whiskey wash is probably better then smoking a crispy, dried out cigar. I remember my uncle dipping his cigar in an after dinner cognac occasionally.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Holy Moley....after reading thru the whole thread I see that it veered off into the weeds quickly enough and I expected it. I first discovered the "wetting" process in 2010 and thought somebody was pulling a prank until I read about a serious BOTL who wouldn't lie about this process,,,,he explained in great detail as to the best way for this to work and I tried it on cigars I knew like the back of my hand to see if it worked. Being familiar with a brand will give one a better idea w/o having to resort to smoking unfamiliar brands and then trying to come a fair result

1 Trickle any water you want down the cigar...tap water, distilled water, spring, etc. Its not the magical property of the water that give the cigar its newly found credibility but rather what it will do to rejuvenate the properties of the wrapper in cooling it off,,,,that has a result of cooling down the wrapper, filler and binder and its ability to smoke cooler,,,,not hot.
2. Once the cigar has been given the "wetting" treatment....not an immersion as some seem to want to infer.....this is where non factual opinions come into play and drive the conversation into the weeds. It's just a slight trickle of H2O down the length of the cigar with the head of the cigar up ( not cut ) and don't let the water get into the foot ( duh )
3 After this process just lay the cigar on a paper towel until its dried off or just wipe of the wetness after 5 minutes ....I just let it dry off and it does within 10 minutes. After this I put it into a Cigar Saver and then smoke it the next day.
4. People will see that it smokes cooler as has been attested to....how much? Who the Frog knows....how much does it change the profile.,,,,again,,,,who the Frog knows because there isn't a numbers or percentage gauge that can measure it....only the hobbyist can say.
9 years of doing this has proved to me it works....just like KL works but some still resist even that process of storage because they can't get past the idea that the product originally is used for Cats to piss on ,,,,( even though museum curators have extolled the virtues of this product to protect expensive museum artwork )

Sometimes opening ones mind and validating it is a good thing.