What's new

Cigar under the faucet?!?!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well actually, if the two of you talk about it they'll be a lot of begging and pleading and being denied. Then she'll get on the phone and tell her friends she married a retard. "You'll never guess what my little pervert wanted to do!"

If you just do it she'll be too embarrassed to tell anyone so the secret is safe and you'll remain the quiet, normal, loving husband all her friends think you are.
Wow, this sounds like the voice of experience speaking.. ;)

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ok I tried this with a cigar I got from @Tyler86 that looked like it could use a good douche.

20181107_201929.jpg

It smoked well. Thats about all I can say.

20181107_211348.jpg

There was zero detriment to the stick. I chose this one because the first time I smoked one I wasn't crazy about it (different strokes for different folkes) no offense meant Richard!

It wasn't my bag, but it smoked alot better than the first one I tried.

This was stored at 65Rh and 66deg.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Interesting topic. Even got Chuck to adequately participate!

I was hesitant when I was told to try this. Seems very counterintuitive, but a lot of people take cigars out of Cuba's atmosphere and are adamant that storing at 60% is optimal...

Nonetheless, I was sent some sticks from a friend to try and after I smoked one that was 20yrs old and reported back it was meh, he asked if I soaked it, which I said no. Told me I ruined it lol. Dafunk

So on the re up he sent I soaked with purified water, was told to use distilled but whatevs, although faucet seems like a bad idea given the chlorine and chems. I should have used the bottled water I got from Flint

The wetness seems to liven old wrappers and kind of suck em into the rest of the stick. I wet then Pat down with shirt. Great burns, great flavor. Definitely shocked

Had much less success on fresher stock than older and seemed to help more with dryer looking wrappers than oily ones. Have done this now probably 30 to 40 times. Only time I wouldn't again is on 98 degree super high humidity Michigan nights. But probably should just be inside anyways

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Did it with a Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Corojo Petit Robusto tonight. Really defined the flavors made it much more complex. Turned it from a good cigar to an intriguingly great cigar.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I moisten about every stick I burn.
I will dip my finger in H2O and gently rub the cigar, turning it to get things even.
sometimes I will roll the cigar on a paper napkin if it got too damp.
Wait a minute or so and light that puppy up !
I agree this will save a delicate wrapper in marginal smoking conditions,and I find an increase in aroma and flavor from the process.
It's a shame there is so little info shared among cigar smokers, you really learn the most from the old guys . ( I did )

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What ever happened with this? You guys still doing it or has the idea gone the way of the "Pet Rock"?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm interested to see if people are still into this. My dad liked doing it with whiskey, but he also kept his cigars in the fridge so I dunno

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
What ever happened with this? You guys still doing it or has the idea gone the way of the "Pet Rock"?
I’d forgotten all about it! I’ll have to try again. I’d gotten some good results, it just never became part of my routine.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah I'm interested to see if people are still into this. My dad liked doing it with whiskey, but he also kept his cigars in the fridge so I dunno
I keep mine in the fridge, kind of sorta. Anything wrong with that??