What's new

Cigarfest

OldPirate

From the Michigan Posse
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe I just calculated how many days until Cigarfest 2011! It's the weekend of April 30, 2011.

117 days and we'll be in PA for the annual event. The Michigan Posse will be well represented again. Who else is planning on it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you received any e-mail info on it yet? I've been waiting to hear the details, but haven't gotten anything from CI yet. We had a great time last year, so I'm looking forward to going up again.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I wont be attending the event but if anyone wants to host or plan a herf in that area during that weekend I will be more than happy to attend.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
So, I pre-registered also. Never been to one.

Can someone who's been there give some info? What do they give away. How many free sticks do they throw at you and are they any good? What kind of raffles?

I'm trying to get an idea because my Wedding Anniversary is the next day (5/1) and I need to see if it's worth getting my ass kicked.

Tanks

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Hender from what I have read, it is a a lot of smokes (maybe 50-60) but they are all 5vegas and stuff I dont normally smoke. In the past they got free duffel bags, posters, ashtrays etc. Nothing too impressive.

I have seen tons of pics over the years and always think that it looks like a waste of money. 50 crappy smokes, cheap swag I will never use, and 5000 people smoking in the same room.... I live an hour away and pass every year, I would rather take that money, buy a box of something I like and meet up with some people I know. To each their own, but this one is not for me.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Scott, I've never been to the fest but I have been to The Famous Smoke Expo in June. The expo was great, live blues/rock band lots of food and microbrews, and a Drew Estates poker tent where you could play poker and cash in for smokes. Tons of raffles and give aways. Granted the smokes are in the 3-5 dollar range but I didn't go there for them anyway. I went to meet the owners and blenders and to meet and hang with a bunch of fellow enthusiasts.

If I were you I'd stay home for the fest to keep the wife happy and venture out to the Expo instead.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Hender from what I have read, it is a a lot of smokes (maybe 50-60) but they are all 5vegas and stuff I dont normally smoke. In the past they got free duffel bags, posters, ashtrays etc. Nothing too impressive.

I have seen tons of pics over the years and always think that it looks like a waste of money. 50 crappy smokes, cheap swag I will never use, and 5000 people smoking in the same room.... I live an hour away and pass every year, I would rather take that money, buy a box of something I like and meet up with some people I know. To each their own, but this one is not for me.
My sentiments EXACTLY!

I'm working on planning a get-away with the wife to celebrate our 10th, but if I'm around that weekend I'll definitely hook up for some herfin'!

Liteumup

CRA Member #202832
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hendy-

Its not big smoke- its 3,000 folks having a kickass time. I think of it like going to a NFL game. The game itself is packed, the facilities and the food so-so.....but its the atmosphere (and tailgate)that makes it great. The resort is almost all cigar fans and the pre-fest and post fest partys with fellow brothers are great. Last year we had VIH tix and ill hopefully do it again this year- I found the raffles impressive, yes there is the jeep and the four wheeler but also hundreds of other prizes- I walked out of there w/ a box of AVO 08 limiteds.
youll walk out of there with a duffel bag full of goodies- last year (I also bought the shirt)I got 2 ashtrays, 2 lighters, a xicar cigar carrier, a humi packed w/ smokes and a coupon book for 40 more. The smokes averaged in the $3-$12 retail range with most in the $6-9.
This will be the second year I go and my group of buddies going with me has grown to 6. I recommend it to everyone. $150 is alot of money these days- but it def is not a rip off - and its rather amazingly organized as well.

Hope this helps

OldPirate

From the Michigan Posse
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an awesome road trip, especially with friends. We did the VIH package with the shirts and I feel I came out way ahead--plus I got to try a lot of smokes I can't get around her (MI). Plus hangin' with all the cigar biz guys is awesome. We spent some nice quality time with the Oliva folks, partied with Sam Leccia at the NUB event, attended Rocky's party and won some nice prizes. All in all it's a wild time. When it was done i was ready to leave and swore I'd never smoke another cigar! But I recovered! ;-)