What's new

CigarObsession video on Cigars International

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yep, all of my Cbid or CI orders have seemed 100% legit. However, we did have a Gurkha Sherpa candela show up on this board from CI. So, something weird is happening around there. I say, stay away from the mystery samplers and the rebranded and remixed CI blends and you should be alright. Also, don't buy sticks that sell for $1.43 at full retail. That is never going to end well.
I can confirm...I was the fool who smoked it lol

http://www.botl.org/threads/grab-bag-mystery-sherpa-candela-noob-review.78377/

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Maybe it's naivete but I'd be completely shocked if a retailer of that size would risk the backlash associated with what would come if these claims were all true. Of course, when money is involved it's hard to believe motives are in the right place but....
Agree. Not just for a retailer that size, but for any business that wants to stick around, you can't put a price on your reputation.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have bought a few cigars from CI without any troubles. I think when you are talking about a "super economy" cigar, you get what you get. However, it sounds like the description misrepresented what was inside the cigar. If that's true, its not cool.

However, I'm not ready to throw CI under a bus just yet. It could have been a mistake. Can you imagine how many cigar brand/size descriptions they write up in a year? It would be very easy to let an inaccuracy slip through once or twice and be completely accidental.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got to tell you, reading one of CI's reps response to the accusation, really gave me pause. Huge pause. Seems like that company is getting what some might call, uh, "fat."

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well I got to tell you, reading one of CI's reps response to the accusation, really gave me pause. Huge pause. Seems like that company is getting what some might call, uh, "fat."
Where can we find this response? Curious minds would like to know the details.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Theres no good way to answer to allegations. Its always best to let the train pass and sweep the dust later.
Most can't do that and they always sound strange.

I still think someone is getting more than his share of exposure out of that.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Just a caveat to CO. I have watched ALOT of Bryan's reviews. In fairness he reviews yardgars as well as any premium. I find many of his reviews accurate and without bias. He likes what he likes but his reviews mainly go by what he's tasting. Often, He will say that a particular cigar is not his taste but if his review hits on notes you may like then he says so. It has been on the VERY RARE occasion that I've seen him give a bad review and from the video, it deserved it. I don't think he has a hidden agenda vs. CI.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres no good way to answer to allegations. Its always best to let the train pass and sweep the dust later.
Most can't do that and they always sound strange.

I still think someone is getting more than his share of exposure out of that.
Well... my PR person at work would say that the best way to respond if you are going to respond, it to address the situation rather than make excuses and NOT address the situation lol. That's why I figure they are... fat.

Every business owner knows they are going to face ridicule (or should at least), a game plan is a good thing :).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well that video didn't last long....
He blew it when he called them fake. They aren't fake. They are perfectly viable under the deal Blanco struck with them. He gave them permission to reblend the cigar and knew they had production issues. So, they weren't fake, just defective. He crossed a line knowingly and got himself in deep water. He risked damaging their reputation with a statement he knew to be false.

If he had just said "Ci is capitalizing on a known name to sell inferior product that they know isn't produced properly," he would have been fine.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I hesitate to chime in here since I'm still new but I was an observer to how the info was gathered. The CO Fans group started to dissect cigars after a member discovered a problem with one of his cigars from CI. From there it snowballed and people started submitting photos of the "floor scraps" cigars to BG's website a couple days ago. As long as it lasted on facebook CI didn't have an issue, as soon as BG put it on his website and labeled them as "fake" CI took exception and the video was pulled (I can only assume as a result of a cease and desist order). Personally, Bryan has only dissected a couple cigars, the rest of the videos were from independent people who are in the fan group and submitted them. Until a couple of days ago, we (being the fan group) thought it was just the Los Blancos premium line that was affected.

Do I think this is a widespread problem? No. However I would be suspect of any defunct lines that CI has purchased the rights to.