What's new

Cigars and Addiction

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I venture to suggest that yes, your craving the nicotine. Different folks react in different ways.

I myself tend to have a compulsive personality, and so before I bought my humidor, I set a limit of smoking three times a week. I've broken that rule occasionally, but always due to social circumstance (good friend dropped in, was offered one a gathering, that sort of thing). Other than that, my rule has helped me ensure that I'm being responsible, keeping the health risks to a minimum, and can recognize signs of addiction if ever they show up.

As has been sad, all things in moderation. If you think you might be addicted, well... you might be. You know your body and your craving. I suggest taking a full week off. If you're resistant to that idea, or just cant, I think you just answered your own question.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I venture to suggest that yes, your craving the nicotine. Different folks react in different ways.

I myself tend to have a compulsive personality, and so before I bought my humidor, I set a limit of smoking three times a week. I've broken that rule occasionally, but always due to social circumstance (good friend dropped in, was offered one a gathering, that sort of thing). Other than that, my rule has helped me ensure that I'm being responsible, keeping the health risks to a minimum, and can recognize signs of addiction if ever they show up.

As has been sad, all things in moderation. If you think you might be addicted, well... you might be. You know your body and your craving. I suggest taking a full week off. If you're resistant to that idea, or just cant, I think you just answered your own question.

Ohh shoot! Well I think your right. When I was reading "take a week off" I was thinking no way. Yea maybe it's time to take a week or so off.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Most cravings only last 5 to 10 min--of course they reoccur, but just knowing they go away pretty quick helps.
For me drinking and cigars are wonderfully married, even if just nursing one drink with a gar increases the enjoyment 10 fold :)

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Ohh shoot! Well I think your right. When I was reading "take a week off" I was thinking no way. Yea maybe it's time to take a week or so off.
This is a good idea. I always found that if I felt like I "needed" one, or couldn't go without one for any stretch of time, then it was "time" to take a break.

kartikji

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
puffing on a Muwat bait fish... heard they came out with Kemosabe Belicoso, and WOPR Double Perfecto cant wait to try those, anyone tried those or have info on them

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Is it just me or does anyone else find themselves constantly wanting a cigar. I literally smoke nothing else but I've been on about a month binge smoking cigars everyday. Sometimes two to three a day! Can anyone tell me if this is bad or just the way of a cigar smoker.
never had that problem and I've smoking for 35+ years. I know my dad smoked cigarettes for 30 years and gave it up for 10+ years. I turned him on to cigars about 20 years ago - he was concerned about constantly wanting one like he did cigarettes, but he said that has never been the case. He can smoke one and not have another for a few weeks. Over the years I come to smoke cigars only after a good dinner and a better quality cigar - I find it more enjoyable rather than quantity.

Like sofc said - I don't know what the problem is.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Like sofc said - I don't know what the problem is.
It may not be a nicotine addiction. It may be purely a compulsion, which depending on the personality can be much stronger for one person than another.

I'm a compulsive person by nature, and I constantly crave a cigar. I can go several weeks without one, there's no physical withdrawal symptoms. But I do have a desire to smoke a cigar, pretty much all the time. But I also have the desire to eat gummy worms darn near all the time as well. That's why I only smoke 2-3 times per week, and I don't buy gummy bears.

It's a matter of controlling my compulsion, not any kind of addiction.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well gentlemen I think I have an answer to the debate whether it was habit or addiction, today is my first day all day without a cigar (or tobacco). I've been in a bad mood all day, had the worst headache and felt nauseous all day. So I'm going t guess I'm addicted to the nicotine in them, I'm also going to try and cut back the smoking to once or twice a week. Also I'm starting to NOT be able to fanatically afford it so it'll be good for my pocket book too. Thanks for all of the advice!

BOTL,
Blockhead

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
glad to hear you are listening to what your body is telling you, and you are acting accordingly. best of luck.

eluminate

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For better experience of cigarette smoking you must try elctronic cigarette with the flavor you like alongwith wide range of tank kits available from eluminateecig the leading ecig manufacturer.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This is an interesting topic. I just caught up on the thread. Good to see you are taking action. Hope all goes well. I'm usually a 1-2 times a week smoker and never feel like I HAVE to have one.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Rating - 100%
90   0   0