What's new

Cigars and drinks... favorite combinations?

Coolbreeze81

Always tired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to pair all my cigars (at least each brand) with Jack Daniels Honey.. I like the smoothness of the drink and each cigar has paired well.. while deployed, I always paired with root beer.

I love reading these threads as there are some great suggestions of pairing opportunities!!! Thank you BOTL!!

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I usually go with either coffee or some sort of root beer/cream soda during the day... Bourbon, Scotch, or a dark beer after hours.
My only "set in stone" pairing has to be L'aranja with gin and tonic (extra lime)...
Everything else depends on mood, time of day, etc..

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haven't thought to try pairing.. that's one I generally think of as more a condiment, being as sweet as it is... I'll have to give it a try!
Yes...it has a sweetness and the chief reason I love it...it holds the finish on the cigar and tames an otherwise full bodied cigar that can give your tongue smoke rash. It enhances complex tastes from your cigar and taking little sips...swishing it around will compliment the tobacco. I'll bet because of cigars I've been one of Drambuies biggest customers.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've enjoyed several of the alcoholic root beers with various cigars when on vacation. Normally I'm drinking ice water with a short smoke on my way to work.

My favorite pairing I stumbled upon one night after work. Four Roses Small Batch bourbon and a home roll of Piloto Cubano Seco, Mata Fina, and Dominican Ligero wrapped in Ecuador Shade Seco. It was all notes of buttery cream, cinamon, and some nutmeg. The next night, I repeated the cigar without the bourbon and it was ok but not as awesome. Crazy how different the stogie was with the bourbon vs without.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any of you guys cognac drinkers? I like Remy XO and recently i got a new job (started Monday) and want to celebrate by buying a bottle of really good cognac. Something better then Remy XO. Any reccomendations?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Armagnac, Diplomatico rum, Character Port, B&B..........
I enjoy all of these,but I generally drink water with a cigar.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
dr. pepper or cherry coke are good NA options too imho, and a good malty dark beer works well but coffee is best

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a cigar on a hot morning paired with a black cold brew coffee, not sure if there was something special about the cigar or the coffee but it was one of my favorite combinations in a long time. I tend to smoke at night and always appreciate a darker beer to compliment the smokes as well.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
dr. pepper or cherry coke are good NA options too imho, and a good malty dark beer works well but coffee is best
I've heard Dr Pepper mentioned many times. Eventually I should try it.

Root Beer or Cream soda are usually the only soft drinks I have with a cigar. And they go pretty good.

I'm with you on the coffee, but just too hot right now. Can't wait till Fall.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sometimes I think it would be easier to list things that do not pair well with a cigar? Welches Concord Grape Juice and orange juice with extra pulp about the only two I haven't seen in a pairing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truth (mostly). I prefer a dark malty beer to coffee, but I’ve never been much of a coffee fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sometimes I think it would be easier to list things that do not pair well with a cigar? Welches Concord Grape Juice and orange juice with extra pulp about the only two I haven't seen in a pairing.
I've actually had mimosas (Tropicana no pulp OJ) with cigars and it paired perfectly fine.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've actually had mimosas (Tropicana no pulp OJ) with cigars and it paired perfectly fine.
Champagne and cigars seems like quite a European thing. The champagne cuts the sweetness of the orange juice and the fizz helps clean the palate. The OJ adds a bit of acid and citrus. I'll have to try a mimosa as a morning cigar beverage!