What's new

Cigars and Vacation - Wedding Countdown

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well gentlemen and ladies,

The one month countdown has arrived at my door today. 30 days until I take the plunge and marry my best friend.

In the spirit of this amazing time in my life I am also preparing for our honeymoon in beautiful Jamaica. Super stoked about that and honestly cannot wait. May looks like it's going to be a very good month for me.

Now on to a question I have that I am sure actually positive has been asked before. Cigars and airports. As I will be heading off to Jamaica should I put my cigars in my carry on or into my checked bag. I have looked online and never got a clear answer.

If you could all help me that would be much appreciated.

Hope your all ready for 30 days of me counting lol.

Cheers
JM

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Depends on what you are taking for luggage really and how large your travel case is. Plan accordingly and don't take a bunch of sticks you aren't going to smoke. Myself, I'd take mine with me in my carry on, because I worry about how cold it is in the storage area of the plane. Although I've never heard of anyone having an issue with this and plus, there are cigars flying all over the place regularly anyway. Enjoy yourself bro and congrats!

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
yup What doug said.......Just watch ur lighter, take a cheap bic lighter in carry on, I have the DOT carrying case for lighters, but they have still taken them, thank you TSA

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Went to Jamaica for my honeymoon and had a great time. You will enjoy for sure. Sorry no advice on the flying cigars.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I travel a lot and the best way to transport your cigars is in either a Herf A Dor or tupperware and I stopped putting them in my checked bags....a good 15 count Herf A Dor should be enough and as was said don't try to get a torch through TSA....they usually catch em. A Bic is something I always will take and it gets through with no issues.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
you couldn't just search for the threads on this topic?

:)

Congrats and enjoy your time. (I take both carryon and checkin - checked in torch lighters without issues many times but no reason for you to take the risk)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks guys ya I wasn't sure which way to go with it. I am only planning on taking 5-7 sticks with me for the week.

Lights I am just taking like everyone said a cheap bic and a small box of wood matches in my check in.

Super excited I have heard only good things. Has anyone been to Montego Bay secrets resorts?

Ps thanks Ara. I tried looking but I couldn't find it tapatalk search sucks the big one.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congrats on the big day! I have a co-worker who said that Montego Bay was great, he was at Sandals there I think but none the less an amazing place to be. Have a great time, sounds like you're all set.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
29 days brother.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Yes the secrets resorts are adults only cause we initially were thinking of staying at sandals but then realized it's better at secrets for the intimate feel.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Was Hedonism booked solid? HAHAHA.....J/K Seriously, congratulations on your wedding and take the cigars on the plane with you unless you want to make a bag handler very happy.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Congrats brother! I'm on a similar timeline, and am actually waiting for my best man to pick me up to drive to Vegas for my bachelor party. No advice and traveling with cigars, sorry, but have a great month!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
It will be here and gone before you know it. Don't let stress get between you and the missus as the day approaches, it will NOT go perfectly as planned. Just savor every moment!
One thing I wish I would have done differently was to make sure a photographer was around the entire day. If your photographer isn't there from the beginning to the end, see if you can have some friend/relative/associate activities run around with even a basic camera. The disposables on tables is a good idea in theory, but people don't use them anymore, thru just sit there. We also did a photo booth, but only got a few shots and then a couple thousand of the same 10 kids goofing around. The day was such a blur that I can't really remember who came and who just sent cards... I wish I would have had someone just follow us around and take pictures of us with whoever we talked to all night.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Ya the wife and I actually each have a photographer and a videographer with us the entire so we should be good it is 10 hours of raw data which we get and then a video clean cut from them. I'm excited and we don't get stressed we are good lol.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well brothers today is 27 days. The excitement builds and I cannot wait for it.

On with the events this is leading too my question is should we bring little things for the ppl there like candy and little toys for the kids. I know in Cuba ppl bring like tooth brushes and shit also let me know cause I want to make the most out of this trip.