What's new

Cigars for your non cigar friends

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Brand new to cigars: I'll ask what you drink and why you like it. Based off of that, I'll give you one of the following:
  • Oliva G
  • Diesel Unholy Cocktail
  • CAO La Triviata
  • Perdomo Lot 23
  • Undercrown Corona Viva

If you are familiar with cigars but don't own any yourself and/or don't frequent cigar shops:
  • Hemmingway
  • Casa Magna
  • Quesada
  • Padron X000

If you are in a cigar shop often:
  • have your pick from anything

If you are a cigar passion of at least my level:
  • I'll pick out 6 premiums and you can pick whichever one you want (but you're also going home with the other 5)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Have given plenty away to people that don't smoke regularly and some that smoke regularly but don't smoke good stuff.

I've given them stuff I loved, stuff I would never smoke, stuff I can't believe is in my humidor (like UC.)
They've enjoyed them all.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'll usually go with something mild to medium. Baccarat, Montecristo, AB White Gold etc. It really depends on the situation. If we are planning a long session I might have something in mind for a second one if I think they will want round 2, then maybe a Saison maduro or a PDR capa maduro.
I like the Bacarrat King, I should pick up a box it's been a while. I dont see anyone posting it either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Brand new to cigars: I'll ask what you drink and why you like it. Based off of that, I'll give you one of the following:
  • Oliva G
  • Diesel Unholy Cocktail
  • CAO La Triviata
  • Perdomo Lot 23
  • Undercrown Corona Viva

If you are familiar with cigars but don't own any yourself and/or don't frequent cigar shops:
  • Hemmingway
  • Casa Magna
  • Quesada
  • Padron X000

If you are in a cigar shop often:
  • have your pick from anything

If you are a cigar passion of at least my level:
  • I'll pick out 6 premiums and you can pick whichever one you want (but you're also going home with the other 5)
Casa Magna is an overlooked good cigar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the new or non-regular cigar smokers, I've been giving them Montecristo White Series (my B&M gives you a free cigar when you order a sandwich and this is regularly one of them so I have quite a few) which works out well since they're mild and Montecristo is a familiar name.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I know two people who could appreciate a good smoke; one is my brother, and the other is a close friend. Whether it be one of my go too's, or a CC, I try to give them something that I'd be happy to smoke and enjoy myself.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'd say keep a couple well-received budget sticks around - Oliva Serie O, AB Prensado, RP Decade, and similar are always good choices (and won't break your wallet).

If a friend who didn't smoke came by today and wanted to smoke a cigar, I'd probably pull out 2 of the same (and smoke what they're smoking), and provide a little insight as to what it is / why it's a good smoke (IMO).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something on the inexpensive side but still good cigar. Something I wouldn't feel too bad over if they got tired of it quick, something like a Ramon Bueso.....Of course depending on who it is, I have no friends around me that are actually into cigars, if they were they'd get my top self.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk