What's new

Cigars in Movies

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
didn't start a new thread lol......got the strep and I'm layed in bed watching movies, just realized that I've never seen a cigar band in a movie...they are always free of bands!? what gives?
you're right and I think it's interesting that while they avoid showing the bands TV/Movie themed cigars seem to of become more popular.
CAO Sopranos, Quesada Heisenberg (which came out while Breaking Bad was still on the air), Tat "Jason", La Palina KB & KBII (kill bill), Psycho 7(seven psychopaths), Sons of Anarchy by black crown, and Duck dynasty by Ted's Cigars for example

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My favorite cigar show is Boston Legal. I think in the first couple of episodes the guys were smoking Cohiba's on the balcony. I think they where Esplindidos. After the first episode or two they smoke the same cigar in every episode for 5 seasons but the bands have been removed. I wonder why (LOL)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paladin "Have Gun Will Travel" smokes expensive 58 cent panatelas.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So I watch a lot of movies and get pretty pumped when I see cigars make an appearance. I thought I'd keep this thread going with screenshots from the films.

It creates a cool example of how they can used to make a character look badass in cinematography or a prop to help display culture.

Here's a recent one from X-Men: Days of Future Past

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 10.37.44 AM.png

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
When I was in Toronto, I went to Frank Correnti Cigars, they had movie and tv show posters displayed which they had made cigars for. There were a bunch, but right now I forgot the exact ones. Plus that 3 years ago.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I maintain a list on my other board that identifies 2925 movies that contain cigars and cigar smoking. Seems like 1/2 the films of the 30s and 40s had cigars, as well as a boatload of the old westerns.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I'd have to double check to be sure, but I believe in the Will Smith movie Focus, the Asian guy he was gambling with at the football game (who was also the priest in Oz) was smoking a PSD4.