What's new

Cigars in the car?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thats funny stuff!

As for smoking in the car, I just do it and say eff it I'm a cigar smoker. My lady says my truck reminds her of how her dads car used to smell. So Thats How I get away with it from her.
I'm with Andy on this one, everyone knows I smoke cigars so they expect my Element to smell like cigars....either that or they ride with someone else.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
ozium spray works well along with febreeze.

I keep the windows cracked but the smell does not bother me anyways. I don't plan on selling the car and will drive it till it dies anyways.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost every day...
I have to commute to work about an hour. I leave one window cracked and use a air cleaner/ionizer thingie.
Also, i use an old jar with lid for an ashtray. That way, the cold ash doesn´t stink up the car. Works pretty well.
Plus, i have coffee in the car. Ground coffee, that is. Coffeegrinds seem to kind of suck up smells. I keep a baggie full on the floor. Nice smell when i enter te car!

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I do smoke in my truck ( wife has her own car). My commute is only .8 mile but in this weather I am using the truck to smoke in (window cracked open). Once in a while I will clean the truck real well and eliminate odors with ozone/ionizer.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I smoke in my car all the time. I always crack a window and I have one of those Ozone Ionizer filter filter things that plugs into the power outlet. I also have one of those bobkin ashtrays which has a long cigar rest. The key is to empty the thing when you leave the car. Those ashes contribute alot to the smell. That coffee grounds tip sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna try that.

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I was once told by a mechanic at a used car lot that for cars that came in smelling bad, they would take an open container of coffee, and cut an apple in half, and put on the top with the cut portion resting on the grounds. No sure what purpose the apple served, but he swore by it.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Since I drive upwards of 30,000 miles per year, most of my cigar smoking is in the car. Like others, always keep the windows cracked.

A few more tips are:

Never leave ash or nubs in the car.

Vacuum and clean the interior of your car on a regular basis.

Have you interior steam cleaned every six months.

Jason

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smoke in my beater, I keep the windows cracked. Will not smoke on rainy days because the dampness seems to drive it into the interior. I keep some air fresheners on hand. I clean it every couple weeks (windows, dash, vacuum). I also will not keep the ashes in the car.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a jeep,
so i just take off the top and doors and.. :cbig:

haha

(although its a bit cold to do that this time of year)