What's new

Cigars in the car?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Well considering how much my car smokes I figure a little more from me won't make a difference.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't know that I can add much but...

I also smoke in the car. Started to on a road trip. 1 window open (usually drivers side). Vent on at combo floor/forward. I close the driver's side vent.

After, I use febreeze. There is a smoke eater I have also used, but I try to stick to similar types of scents like febreeze or fresh linen or fresh cotton (they all have their own cute names.) I absolutely stay away from fruits or evergreen- not because I don't care for them, but because they don't help detract from the cigar smell.

I get my car detailed once every few weeks. This part is CRITICAL. Ashes WILL wind up in your car, and they WILL build on one another. I don't know if you've ever put your face into day-old cigar ashes, but they stink to high heaven. If you have dropped any ash notably in your car, get them out. Otherwise, vacuuming and wiping all of the ashes up is critical in the long-term. Also, it may just be me, but I think the baby powder spray at the car wash totally eliminates the cigar smell.

Bear

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was once told by a mechanic at a used car lot that for cars that came in smelling bad, they would take an open container of coffee, and cut an apple in half, and put on the top with the cut portion resting on the grounds. No sure what purpose the apple served, but he swore by it.
The apple must have to do with moisture/humidity in some way. I can't imagine that it would really give off too much fragrance, especially on top of coffee...

Apple peel in a ziplock bag is a great old trick for re-humidifying dry(ish) pipe tobacco. The tobacco will suck the moisture right out of the apple.

I may have to try that trick. It makes good sense.

Bear

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
At least twice a day. My solution is to drive an ex-cop car. $1000 car, I don't care what it smells like. lol
.....I have an old car I drive specifically for smoking. No worries about the smell because I'm the only one who uses it.