What's new

Cigars selection for 10 executives?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I would ask what's the background of the execs? At least a couple of them. What do they know about this life? There's a Fine line between looking good and a waste of time. They could be ghurka guys. They could be macanudo guys both are great sticks in certain circles. Had a friend turn 40 and I wanted so bad to give him a 10 box of Monte number 2. But he almost fainted at the box of Gurkha ghosts because they are holy grail to him. You know, like buying your kid 500 worth of XMAS and they play alllllll week with the $3 swizzle stick the aunt brings over.

Quite frankly Medium/mild appeals to the masses = Macanudo

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
On the re-read ....power industry execs going hunting. Ehhhh yeah Id try to do some research on the guys going. I keep seeing davidoff most people know davidoff for cool water that's it. Power industry hunters makes me think big rg maduros. Who told you to get mild to medium? Is that reliable Intel?
Lol you have no idea what I do in the command center before a bomb goes out lol. Whatever u choose I hope it works out brother.

Reactions: ENV
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would ask what's the background of the execs? At least a couple of them. What do they know about this life? There's a Fine line between looking good and a waste of time. They could be ghurka guys. They could be macanudo guys both are great sticks in certain circles. Had a friend turn 40 and I wanted so bad to give him a 10 box of Monte number 2. But he almost fainted at the box of Gurkha ghosts because they are holy grail to him. You know, like buying your kid 500 worth of XMAS and they play alllllll week with the $3 swizzle stick the aunt brings over.
This^^

If you can get some info it would be helpful. When I worked in the music business I knew a guy that could afford to smoke anything he wanted. His humidor was stocked with nothing but Acid Blondies and Kuba Kubas. He would occasionally buy a Cold Infusion to mix things up. People gave him all kinds of expensive cigars as birthday presents and Christmas presents in an attempt to suck up. They ended up sitting in the closet until they were ruined.

If you can't get any background info it is safest to go with Davidoff, Dunhill, Cohiba, Ashton, Gurkha, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, or Macanudo. Those are names that even non smokers usually recognize in some distant fashion.

Reactions: ENV

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
To be honest I did forget abuot Ashton and maybe Fuente Don Carlos. Those would be good as well.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thinking a little more about it, Dunhill might be the way to go. The name is linked with over a century of luxury men's wear, lighters, golf championships, pipes, and tobaccos. That might have a little more cache with top level guys that enjoy the luxury lifestyle, even if they don't smoke. The mental connection is there and might improve the response. You might want to look in to a box of Dunhill Signed Range cigars. They have the history, plus you can brag that they were listed in Cigar Aficionado's top 25 twice.

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Have to say I would go with either the Perdomo Champagne or Davidoff, can't go wrong with either for a mild smoke.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
So I've been asked to pick out a box of cigars for about 10 executives from the power industry who are going on a bird hunt next week in north Florida. I was asked to get something medium to mild that would appear to the masses.

Here are my thoughts, in order.

Four Kicks Corona Gorda

Herrera Esteli Lonsdale

The Griffins Piramide

Montecristo White Toro

What are your thoughts or alternative suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Four Kicks is a good choice!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Davidoff or Padron for a mild stick. Davidoff is a famous marca with a lot of prestige. If they have ever been in a high end cigar shop they will know.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Craig Mac hit it dead on. You want to impress with the name and still get a milder cigar. Davidoff is it. If they don't recognize Davidoff, someone in the group will know or someone will do some googling after the fact and see they are a high class and expensive cigar. You want to impress. Padron is a great cigar, but can be more of a full body cigar. I personally would do cubans but like Craig said, you don't want to give to a CEO or some bigwig who might not be too thrilled of getting something handed to them in a group setting that's illegal... not worth the risk.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Came in to say what Craig already typed out.
I'd go Davidoff. Montecristo would be a close second: #2s are an iconic image.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I was thinking some Padron 2000 naturals. Not too strong. Or you can go for the '64 anny series, which they'll love. I'd be impressed. But then again, I don't have a secretary haha.

I didn't say davidoff because I've only smoked one. But for name recognition I get the purpose.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Davidoff is a good recommendation. Fairly mild, easily approached by a non-smoker, but with the cachet to make them feel like they're smoking something good.

That said, there are better cigars, in my opinion, that cost less money.

Could always go Cuban.
This exactly. They will know the name Davidoff, and it won't kill anyone who's not a regular smoker. Plus, you'll overpay for them, which executive types will appreciate.

Of course, if you want to be the hero, take the CC advice. If you have time, grab a box of Cohiba or Monte and when they ask where you got them, just wink. And ask for a raise. Anyone who thinks an executive is going to give two shits about whether a cigar is illegal should spend some time around men who think they're the Master of the goddamn Universe. Remember: these are men who have someone ELSE get cigars for them.

Plus, CCs are basically legal now.

Anyway. That's what I'd do.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just to throw out something different. How about a box of Cigar Aficionado's Cigar of the Year the Oliva V Melanio Figurado and bring along this months issue with it announcing that? I know a lot of guys don't give much credence to the list, I don't really, but it might impress the big wigs if you have the magazine also. It is a great cigar imho not to mention great looking. The only thing is it is listed as full, but I think it is much closer to medium.

Good luck in your search!