What's new

Cigars to sample

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I made a jump straight to a full strength shortly after starting. The world started to spin. Work up to them so that you can enjoy the journey. Now I dont bat an eye no matter what it is. To quote a candy wrapper..."taste the rainbow".

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Some things in the top tier

Joya De Nocaragua Quatro Cinco (full Body/Full Strength)
Flor De Valle by Warped (Packed with creamy flavor -low/medium strength)
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos (medium body/medium strength Cameroon Wrapper)
Tatuaje TAA2014 (full Flavor/medium strength Broadleaf Wrapper)

Ian T

PhD in Cigar
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Headley Grange haven't been mentioned and they are far and away my favorite mild smoke. I have a nice review somewhere but don't know if I can link to another forum... ;)
And +1 on the AF Hemingway.... For 5 dollars a smoke the short story is off the charts IMO.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I purchased a Tatuaje La Casita Criolla, My Father Le Bijou 1922, and Illusione '2' Crowned of Thorns Bellicoso. Now to let them rest a little in some humidity!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starting out it is nice to have some kind of list and those listed above are good choices. But don't forget to utilize your tobacconist or shop owner. It is good to build a relationship with them so you can get to know each other.

Having said that, Fuente makes some very good cigars with several moderately priced. Just stay away from Curly Heads IMO.

Enjoy experimenting and the slippery slope.
+1 Definitely a good idea to build a nice relationship with your local cigar purveyor.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i did this, i tried to smoke everything on CA's top 25 as well as cigar blog sites top lists.
I've done similar. Didn't yield spectacular results. I've frequented Davidoff and Nat Sherman fairly often and must say, despite the 30% markup (incl huge NY tobacco and sales taxes) it's worth it for the guidance their employees provide. If you trust your local B&M (great way to form a relationship) let them guide you based on what you've liked/disliked. I've also found smoking it in the shop keeps you focused on the flavors and the experience.