What's new

CI's New Blend Lab

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Blend Lab YH-456 REVIEW

Upon first light, the stogie smacks your taste buds with earth, peat, and heavy leather notes.

The draw was perfect, with just a little tug the cigar booms out smoke. The burn -- flawless; it was razor sharp. The ash held on for dear life -- it probably would've stayed on for the duration of the smoke but I didn't want to get it on my lap so I knocked it off into the ashtray.

Nearing the halfway mark, the stogie featured the same flavors but there was just a hint of spice in the background. Just a hint! Not nearly as much spice as I like from a Habano-wrapped cigar. One of the reasons I wanted a cigar with a Habano wrapper is because I love that spiciness it gives off.

In the end, it was a pretty damn good cigar. Great construction, great burn, full-bodied, and good -- albeit not complex -- flavors. Some of its drawbacks is the price ($8.50), and as previously mentioned, not enough spiciness for a Habano wrapper.

I look forward to trying more of the Blend Lab cigars.

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Shake, thanks for the pic's! :thumbsup:

Please keep us updated as to the blends you have tried and think would be liked by others here on the forum.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
bigbwalls, try the ZD-4554. It is only 5.50 and has a lot more spice (escpecially in the final third).
Will do, thanks for the info, Shake. I'll be there May 22nd for my Birthday (It's actually the 23rd, but my girlfriend is taking me there on the 22nd) and I'll be picking more of the blends up and will continue to post their reviews in this thread.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
ZD-4554 - "First quater inch is spice and pepper, the pepper coating my mouth. Then it mellows out with a touch of sweetness and spice fighting for position. Then halfway through they blend together into nirvana. The sweetness yields to the spice in the final third, but does not go away all together. Had perfect draw and good burn, however the wrapper split on me on the two of them. Complex flavor on the fuller side of medium body. Wrapper aside, the cigar was phenomenal. I absolutely loved it. A must buy"

That is my review (M S from Bethlehem)

The wrapper really blows up. I know the one employee was smoking one with me and it totally blew up on him. My wrappers just ripped a little bit and I was able to easily smoke through it. Seems to be a problem with all of them though.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Update on the ZD-4554 for those of you with access to them. Smoked my third one today and it totally blew up on me, the worse wrapper mishap so far. Still had great flavor but had to pitch it with a little over an inch left. BEWARE!