What's new

(CLOSED) Auction # 29 - CATS FESTIVAL COMMEMORATIVE GUITAR - Ends June 21st at 9:00 PM CST!

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
++++ AUCTION ENDS JUNE 21, 9:00 PM CST ++++

You read that right. Up for grabs is this one of a kind, commemorative guitar from CATS Festival 2012. This is a museum quality piece with an emotion-provoking history which was donated by our one-and-only Hoshy. This guitar was modeled after the "Explorer" style guitar originally offered by Gibson and features some outstanding hand contouring and texture.

Display this guitar and artwork proudly on the wall of your office, man cave or anywhere else and know that this article means more (simply by its presence) than words could ever convey.

Please extend a warm feeling of gratitude to Rex Mercer @Hoshneer for this wonderful donation!!!

Bidding starts at $500 - and I expect it to go much higher.

Last edited:

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
From Rex:

"Info on the guitar:

The guitar was made for the very first Catsfest in San Antonio, TX by a gentlemen named Chuck Morss. It was created in honor of the 173rd on the 8th of November which I believe was Operation Hump.

It has many signatures which include Niles Harris which is a survivor and the song "8th of November" is written about. The other signatures include Jonathan Drew and Jose Blanco as well as a couple others I believe that were involved in the operation. The artwork on the guitar also captures the beauty of the print that came with it called "Earth, Wind and Fire by Craig Bone. It is a giclee reproduction but is not numbered. I am not sure if this is the only one but the original hangs in the Pentagon.

"

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
That song brings me to tears everytime I watch it. That guitar deserves to be with someone that appreciates it and can take of it. My father was a Vietnam veteran and I'm sure some of you had father's in the war as well.

The sons and daughters of veterans may not be able to fully understand what they went through but we do have a deeper understanding and appreciation for what they gave up.

I know that whoever gets this will not only love it but it will provide something special to people that have so much less than us. This I know most veterans would understand. So put your money where your mouth is and let's change some lives. <3's

Last edited:

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have someone that would like to bid. She is not on the board currently but she wanted to know if it was okay if I posted her bids. Is this alright, or do we need to have her sign up?