What's new

Clothing Brands

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was just wondering what some of your favorite clothing brands/stores are. Just curious to see what other people like. I personally love Polo Ralph Lauren because of how classic their clothes are and it looks a little more dressy than the usual outfits seen on my college campus.

Tony :peace:

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
RL, Vineyard Vines, Johnnie-O and Hugo Boss but for my everyday work/play it's Prana, Patagonia and Mountain Khakis.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Ummm... Gap outlet, where I buy a pair of jeans and two pairs of dress pants when they're on sale for $20 every fall, and Banana Republic outlet, where my wife buys me three $10 t-shirts for my birthday. ROSS or TJ Maxx, where I buy a pair of white tennis shoes when my old ones die, and Express, where I buy several new dress shirts every couple years for work, because they're stretchy.

Also, Lids, where I buy a new hat every 5-7 years. Red Sox in 2003, again in 2009, and Detroit two weeks ago, because it was in stock and fit.

Aside from that, I hate all clothing stores, and shopping malls in general.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Too old to care about clothing brands anymore, I just wear affordable stuff that is comfortable. Grabbed 2 pairs of jeans tonight from Old Navy that were $19. Tough to beat that...

Costco is also great for casual work/khaki/golf type pants. Think I bought 4 pairs a few weeks ago for $22...

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Banana Republic. They never stop with the emails, but there is always a 40% off sale happening. Always. Literally.

If I want nicer/boutique stuff, I browse Huckberry, which is always good to turn me on to some solid brands. Expensive though.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Depends on what I am doing...

Business dress... pretty much Brooks Bro's or JoS A. Bank.. I used to have a tailor that made "custom" suits/shirts for me (at about the same price point as the BB suits).. but.. I dont wear suits all that often anymore (used to be "daily wear" for a few years when I worked in DC)... so, I just stick with off the rack stuff these days and have them tailored to fit... If you catch JB during their annual clearance sales.. you can pick up suits as cheap or cheaper options at mens warehouse and other "discount" shops.. If you have a BB outlet nearby.. their 346 line is excellent for travelers (wrinkle free.. pop your suit out of your bag, hang it up overnight.. and it looks like you just brought it home from the dry cleaner.. and the 346's are about 2/3 the price of what youll pay for a decent suit at Macy's, Dillards, etc..

Business casual... more of the above... we've got a BB outlet not too far from here.. when their stuff goes on sale its still slightly more expensive than other options.. but.. I've got pairs of BB khakis that are 6-7 years old at this point that still look "new"... you pay a little bit more on the front end.. but.. save a ton in the long haul.. most of their stuff is very conservative/timeless as well.. not trendy or faddish.. so, wearing it for several years is a legitimate option..

casual... probably 90% of my clothes come from costco these days... they carry reasonably decent lines.. the prices are excellent.... etc.. I picked up a golf/polo style shirt there a couple of weeks ago for $14.. comfortable.. looks nice.. etc... the union bay shorts I wear probably 8 days out of 10 during the summer (got 3x pair), I paid $12 for...

The only thing I really am willing to PAY for these days.. is shoes.. my old tired feet need good footwear.. I'll drop some pretty serious change on even casual shoes or sandals...

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am a firm believer in buying the best shoes one can afford, they last longer and are more comfortable.

I wear Allen Edmunds I purchase from the shoebank their online outlet. I have had pairs for years and get them recrafted. My work place is business casual so I dress them down with flat front chinos and I stead of parade gloss shine I just condition them.

For boots I have red wing iron Rangers which have lasted 5 years. Recently added Wolverine 1000 mile boots both are comparable.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
When it comes to clothes most of my stuff comes from Eddie Bauer. The most important thing to me is how well clothes fit/feel and they seem to work best for me. For jeans I usually stick with Levi's, but I recently picked up some Sean John jeans that were on sale at Macy's that I really like. For shoes I pretty much stick with Clarks, but I have been looking to upgrade.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Levi 501's, Ben Davis or Dickies. As for shirts it just depends on what car show, swapmeet or gun shop I'm at I'll pick up a few. Not much for fancy labels or department stores, I could care less.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Most of my stuff is guide brand stuff from big fishing stores, under armour heat and cold, or swag from the many events I have attended at branding shows. I live in shorts and a t shirt and sandals! Hats, now that's another story, I own more of those than I do t shirts. Never lean home without one!

Work, I wear dress pants, shirt, and tie (also another large collection). A lot of stuff from jc pennies, macys, and men's warehouse.

After typing this I realized I have a huge collection of hats, ties, and wallets!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dickies, industrial cargo. they last me about 6-8 years without giving up, and still hold a pleat. i gotta go from slinging cases to meeting with reps at zero notice, so they work really well for me. color fast, tear and stain resistant, good to roll.

also doesn't hurt with thte catholic school upbringing, where getting a choice of FOUR DIFFERENT COLORS is a huge. o)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Burlap sack. I'm poor and have a choice between clothes and food so a bag of potatoes doubles as food and clothes. Lol

Generally speaking if it catches my eye, fits comfortably and looks good on me it's what I wear. Where I get it from varies from Walmart to Moore's. I work in an office so it is business casual polos and dress pants loafers that's about all she wrote.

I'm with Dave though I pay good money for shoes as I have a surgically repaired foot so I need something solid so I definitely pay for good shoes.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
dickies, industrial cargo. they last me about 6-8 years without giving up, and still hold a pleat. i gotta go from slinging cases to meeting with reps at zero notice, so they work really well for me. color fast, tear and stain resistant, good to roll.

also doesn't hurt with thte catholic school upbringing, where getting a choice of FOUR DIFFERENT COLORS is a huge. o)
Here here, some of my dickies I've had for about 10 years now. I'll buy a new pair of pants and the old ones will become shorts. I really like Ben Davis over Dickies but they don't last as long as Dickies do.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I hate shopping, and after having to buy all new clothes 2 years ago I stopped caring about brands and just bought stuff that looked nice, fit and wasn't too expensive. I got a JC Penny credit card a little over a year ago because it saved me a few hundred on a suit I needed and I use that to get coupons, points and savings then pay it off at the end of the month when I use it. Last time I went to Penny's it cost me $6 for about $50 worth of stuff. I tend to buy stuff on sale and mostly wear polos, so it's IZOD, Jack Nicklaus, PGA and the like for me.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
On my off time it's usually a black American Apparel 50/50 t-shirt and Volcom shorts. If I wear jeans it's Levis or Lucky brand. I'm a recovering sneaker head so usually some old dunk sb or vans for shoes. If I wear a shirt with a design it's usually from my buddy's brand Highway Star or a sponsor shirt from Rays/Volk Racing. 9.5 times out of 10 it's just the black AA shirt. I have over 30 of the same shirt... Ha.

Work, I wear CK button ups or under armour polos and wool slacks from men's wearhouse and some j. Murphy leather shoes. I wear TT Gunleather belts no matter what.

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
either a suit (brand varies) or jordan/nike stuff mostly.
Mountain Hardwear/Cloudveil/Arc jackets
Smartwool everything else.