What's new

Coffee Newb

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
So I finally got sick of drinking the same few coffees day after day. Last night at Walmart I picked up one of the My Kcup adapters. Now I need some new coffees to try. What are some suggestions that will pair good with my cigars?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Buddy. there are some many different coffee roasters in the world, and each roaster will have a range of blends, and especially not being a Yank its hard to recommend something. but id say its similar to picking your cigars, your wines, your scotches etc, find a flavour profile that you like, and go for coffee that matches it. you'd be surprised at all the similar words when describing coffee tasting notes and cigar flavours, toasty, nutty, leathery, sweet, earthy, chocolatey etc.
the real deal, IMO, is in the single origins. once again, being from Australia, dont know the avaliability of single origins in the states, but here is a bit of a guide to different single origin flavours that ive found pretty helpful.
http://www.aspiringgentleman.com/foodwine/coffee-bean-basics/
the best thing to do, grab seem beans, brew 'em up, if you like it, keep on it, if you dont, try a different blend. keep us updated with your journey!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
yup, what he said! i have had intelligentsia personally, and can attest to it's rockin'ness. but kev is one of the few people who routinely challenges my coffee nerddom, and i would take his recommendations in a heartbeat.

fun fact: ipads will recognize "nerddom" in autocorrect. also "Slartibartfast". who knew?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351574723.847909.jpg

I just bought these today as my old French press shattered for like 70 bucks at target....I feel I can do a lot more than either my kurieg which is in a box and my regular old mr. Coffee dispenser model...overall happy days lol

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
http://www.westcoastroasting.com/

This guy does some of the best coffee I have ever tasted..

Roasts your batch upon order (he has nothing on the shelves just waiting to be shipped).. and then ships within 24 hours of finishing the roast..

does an awesome job.. and coffee is as fresh as it gets..

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
View attachment 26350

I just bought these today as my old French press shattered for like 70 bucks at target....I feel I can do a lot more than either my kurieg which is in a box and my regular old mr. Coffee dispenser model...overall happy days lol
I use my kureig daily (im lazy).. but agree.. when I really want a great cup of joe.. I reach for my french press.. hard to beat a medium grind on an eithiopian bean, pushed through a quality french press!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
View attachment 26350

I use my kureig daily (im lazy).. but agree.. when I really want a great cup of joe.. I reach for my french press.. hard to beat a medium grind on an eithiopian bean, pushed through a quality french press!
French Press all the way :D

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
like this thread :)

I typically order from http://www.paradiseroasters.com/ and like their coffee, but I have never been hard core into coffee so I'm looking forward to trying some of the others you all have recommended.

btw, my keurig is only used to make a measaured cup of hot water :) I typically reach for the aero press in the morning after I grind up some beans.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
I think I might be too lazy to go through all the steps to drink a cup of coffee. Probably why I like the Keurig. If I was able to get some premium preground beans and just put them in the adapter I'd be GTG!! Lol

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
View attachment 26350

agree with both bro but i like my coffee strong and my kureig just isnt cutting it lately i just used the moka today on the stove with some of javaman's nica blend best coffee i have had at home for awhile.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Zen Smoker222 said:
agree with both bro but i like my coffee strong and my kureig just isnt cutting it lately i just used the moka today on the stove with some of javaman's nica blend best coffee i have had at home for awhile.
Keurig has a new coffee maker out that makes stronger coffee. Sorry, was up WAY too late and couldn't find the remote, so watched the whole infomercial last night/this morning.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I went to Walmart the other day and they didn't even have a French press and the sales person didn't even know what it was. Lol. I guess I better head to Target.