What's new

Coffee Newb

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
good luck at target hoshy...

I tried wally world, target, and kroger around here before giving up...

I finally picked up a new one (very nice one actually) in Nairobi last year...

Since then I have seen them at Dillards, Macy's, and World Market locally (for about double what I paid)..

I just tried again at target about 3 weeks ago (wanted to take an inexpensive one up to our cabin and leave it there).. and had zero luck again...

it does look like the red dot carries them online though.. maybe you can find one in the store locally around you...

http://www.target.com/p/bodum-frech-press-mug-gift-set-black/-/A-14077166#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=french presss

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I think most targets at least have cheap ones......good luck!!
They had quite a few...bodum brazil in lots of sizes and The chambord And also the Moka express I really like those. I don't know what the difference between a "cheap" one and expensive one would be as I have only ever owned two of them and all the ones I have ever seen have been pretty inexpensive.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent french press?
they are really simple machines, and basically hard to screw up. look for the proper cup size, stable base (you do NOT want it wiggling while you plunge the screen!), and possibly ease of disassembly, but moostly go for simple and cheap, as that is usually the best with french presses. o)

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
they are really simple machines, and basically hard to screw up. look for the proper cup size, stable base (you do NOT want it wiggling while you plunge the screen!), and possibly ease of disassembly, but moostly go for simple and cheap, as that is usually the best with french presses. o)
Thanks, I use an aeropress for my day to day coffee needs, but figured I would get a french press to brew larger amounts when desired (and to compare the differences from using an AP vs FP). Never used a FP so wasn't sure what to look for, nice knowing that I can stick to simple and cheap :)

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Thanks, I use an aeropress for my day to day coffee needs, but figured I would get a french press to brew larger amounts when desired (and to compare the differences from using an AP vs FP). Never used a FP so wasn't sure what to look for, nice knowing that I can stick to simple and cheap :)
I use a French press exclusively on the weekends. I have a Bodum Chambord 8 cup and it has worked great for me. I have had it a couple years with no problems. The carafe comes out of the holder so you can put it in the dishwasher. The plunger part comes apart for cleaning, or you can throw the whole thing in the dishwasher. You can find them on Amazon, and at most box stores like Target. On the flip side, I have never used an AeroPress and am looking to get one of those.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362012513.449201.jpg

Scored some new Dominican coffee today. I've made friends with one of the translators for the county I work for. He said he would hook me up with some coffee and brought this in for me today. Anyone ever have it?