What's new

Coffee!!!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I love coffee! I drink it every day. But I have not really experimented a whole lot with all the different roasts.

Heath

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Anyone ever check out cush coffee? I have heard very good things, but I haven't tried it yet. The owner is a botl on instagram and a vet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AbeFroman

Big Gulps, huh?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I usually just buy Tim Horton's and have it shipped to me. Not quite what you'd call an expert when it comes to coffee, I just like it as a quick pick me up in the mornings.
I was in Toronto, ON about 5-6 years ago and 2 of my fondest memories were Steamwhistle Brewery and Tim Hortons coffee and donuts. Makes me want to move to Canada lol
I think it's an absolute crime that Minnesota doesn't have a Timmys, but Ohio and I think New York have a couple. We're practically Canada!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I usually just buy Tim Horton's and have it shipped to me. Not quite what you'd call an expert when it comes to coffee, I just like it as a quick pick me up in the mornings.
I was in Toronto, ON about 5-6 years ago and 2 of my fondest memories were Steamwhistle Brewery and Tim Hortons coffee and donuts. Makes me want to move to Canada lol
I think it's an absolute crime that Minnesota doesn't have a Timmys, but Ohio and I think New York have a couple. We're practically Canada!

I had Timmy's when visiting my wife's family in buffalo.

It ruined my life.

I miss it so much.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
My list of best roasters in the US:

Intelligentsia
Stumptown
Counter Culture
Ritual
49th Parallel
Gimmie!
Handsome
Terroir
You left one out:
Thejavaman

Mike
I appreciate that, bro. I'm nowhere near the level of some of those guys though. Pretty sure it's been a while since you've had a taste of my stuff.....may need to fix that for ya. :)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
My first post ever on BOTL and it's about coffee and not cigars. Oh well, no one said I was conventional...

Anyway, I actually started roasting my own coffee beans about 5 years ago. For about $5 per pound, I can buy coffee beans that would retail for about $17 per pound. Green beans last a couple of years if they're kept in a dark, dry, and cool place. So, I keep my my beans right beside my Tuperdor in the basement. It's fast, economical, and I like that I can roast to my preferred strength and flavor.

So, yeah, coffee drinker/addict here.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0

Intelligentsia
Stumptown
Counter Culture
Ritual
49th Parallel
Gimmie!
Handsome
Terroir
You left one out:
Thejavaman

Mike
I appreciate that, bro. I'm nowhere near the level of some of those guys though. Pretty sure it's been a while since you've had a taste of my stuff.....may need to fix that for ya. :)
Admittedly I don't post near as much as I used to, but still log on to see what's going on and contribute when I can. I made a veteran mistake posting in this thread and now my mailbox will take the hit for it. Just got a pm from Kevin with a dc #. Christmas is around the corner and I might have a few good cigars that find there way under his tree

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My first post ever on BOTL and it's about coffee and not cigars. Oh well, no one said I was conventional...

Anyway, I actually started roasting my own coffee beans about 5 years ago. For about $5 per pound, I can buy coffee beans that would retail for about $17 per pound. Green beans last a couple of years if they're kept in a dark, dry, and cool place. So, I keep my my beans right beside my Tuperdor in the basement. It's fast, economical, and I like that I can roast to my preferred strength and flavor.

So, yeah, coffee drinker/addict here.
Hey welcome. Stop by the intro forums and tell us a bit about yourself. What your favorite smokes are and what not

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Admittedly I don't post near as much as I used to, but still log on to see what's going on and contribute when I can. I made a veteran mistake posting in this thread and now my mailbox will take the hit for it. Just got a pm from Kevin with a dc #. Christmas is around the corner and I might have a few good cigars that find there way under his tree

Lol. Now, now, now, Mike. Just spreading some Christmas cheer, bro. Enjoy. :)

Rating - 100%
90   0   0

Intelligentsia
Stumptown
Counter Culture
Ritual
49th Parallel
Gimmie!
Handsome
Terroir
I've got a buddy whos into coffee and I want to grab him some for Christmas. Out of that list or roasters can you recommend one or two that stand out from the rest. If they are price friendly so much the better so I grab him more. Thanks in advance and your help is appreciated!

Last edited:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

Intelligentsia
Stumptown
Counter Culture
Ritual
49th Parallel
Gimmie!
Handsome
Terroir
I've got a buddy whos into coffee and I want to grab him some for Christmas. Out of that list or roasters can you recommend one or two that stand out from the rest. If they are price friendly so much the better so I grab him more. Thanks in advance and your help is appreciated!
Can't go wrong with any of them really. I personally have an affinity for Intelly since I toured their roasting facility once & was treated like a king when I was there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy coffee any time of day. Usually brew Folger's at home. Never looked into the different roasters, although, there is a wicked awesome breakfast joint in Phoenix that brews some local coffee, and it is darn good.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2