What's new

Cohiba Maduros Line

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I don't remember the size I had but it was the robusto sized stick. It was good, but it wasn't anything too special to me, and it had a tight draw. It could have been due over humidification, but I think it was rolled with too much filler. Granted I only had one but it's experiences like these that I keep having with CCs that make me think twice about spending the extra $$ on them while I'm traveling.
This is a whole topic in and of itself, but this is a valid point. From my experience, and from what I've seen in the past years I've been involved in this hobby, this is what you deal with when getting into Cubans. The quality NCs out there simply do not have the variance in construction that CCs do. It is very easy to go back through the years and point out certain years where your risk of plugged or poorly constructed CCs is much greater than normal. Not so with NCs. Of course, NCs for the most part do not date their boxes, but even so, you just don't see the same types of problems with NC construction.

Even so...I'm still a "dark side" man myself. :headroll:

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I just smoked my first secretos a couple days ago, I only kept a few from a box split with buddys and now I wish I had more, they are pretty good right outta the box, I think a year or so on them and they will be great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not sure what the names of the maduros i smoked were, but one was a robusto size, another a bit slimmer than the esplendido. The shorter ones were a bit harsh at first and kinda heavy.

The longer ones were a bit smoother, but this could be due to overcoming my initial taster.

All in all, i enjoyed them, but they would not be my everyday smoke.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
wow, a lot of mixed reviews there. some like em, some dont'

guess i'll have to decide for myself. i've not had a cc maduro.

This much i can say. of the handful or two of ccs that i've had, i've enjoyed all but one of them, and that one (MC#4) was more than likely due to the events and circumstances under which i smoked it; not the cigar itself. my most recent was a rafael gonzales lonsdale from '01 and it was magnificant. i didn't want it to end.

i've got a few other aged ccs that some fine brothers here ont he board have sent me and i cna't wait to try them.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The only problem with the secretos is its size.. I mean its the size of a reyes but you end up paying almost twice as much... doesn't make fiscal sense to me

Jay Hemingway

i know because of KRS1
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i have tried a few secretos and genios, for some reason i don't really like them..yet.
i'm thinking maybe they will get better with age (most likely), or maybe i just love the regular cohibas so much? i dunno what it is.
i won't give up on them though. i have made that mistake before. i had a few partagas and i did not like them, so i put partagas out of my smoking lineup. 6 months later i tried another and was floored! now partagas is one of my favorite brands..
i will give the cohiba maduros a few more shots before giving up on them.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
The secretos are by far the best IMO. They've got this awesome chocolate graham cracker flavor, and some really nice black cherry undertones. Almost nowhere near any typical Habanos flavors, but a cool change-up. I wish they had stretched out the secretos into a lonsdale or a lancero, personally.

TYLER