What's new

Cohiba?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Are they really worth the extra scratch?

I'v pretty much switched over to ISOM cigars except for an ocasional Tat or Illusone.

CC's just seem to be right in my wheelhouse. Are Cohibas really worth the cost?
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Try'em and see. I'm sure there are some people who might be able to set you up with a sampler or something.

In my personal opinion, they're great, but I'd rather spend the scratch on some different CCs that are right up my alley and cost a little less.

Again, not saying they're crap, an I'm not saying I've tried all of them.

Honestly, I'm just posting to get my post count up, and because I'm handling up on number 2.

What are your favorite CCs so far? Curious what your profile already considers "good".

-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Yes they are worth the extra coin and have great aging potential. I personally prefer the smaller rg.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
You will get different opinions but imo Cohiba produces the best robusto and lancero.
cue the " ^ I'm with stupid" sign... I will also add the Corona Especiales to that answer. I personally think the classic Cohiba line is the best cuban cigar out there and the Siglo's are pretty good too with some age. If I only had to live on one marca, it would be Cohiba. But taste (and pocketbooks) are subjective so only you can answer your question.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
It really is subjective. Try a few of them, preferably with a few years of age on them, and see for yourself. Some people think they are worth the premium price, some do not. For me, I love a good Cohiba, but they really do need age (for me at least) to be worth the extra coin. If you're rich, just go for it, lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they really worth the extra scratch?

I'v pretty much switched over to ISOM cigars except for an ocasional Tat or Illusone.

CC's just seem to be right in my wheelhouse. Are Cohibas really worth the cost?
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I'd go through some of the cheaper marcas before trying a Cohiba if I were you, though your post kind of lets on you've been doing just that.

If you can afford to, try one.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I love cohiba. I would suggest getting a couple of samplers of different vitolas to see if you like them.

Try one now and then the next in a few months.

Good luck on your journey...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If I had to smoke the same marca every day it would be Cohiba. I just have the bank account to only do Black & Milds.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Kind of similar to Davidoff in the states. Phenomenal construction and very good tobacco used. Always will burn impeccably, very consistent but with a primo price range. If the Davidoff flavor profile is in your wheelhouse, you can't get anything rolled better. If its not, no matter how good the taste and construction, you won't like em. Unfortunately (fortunately for my wallet), the Davidoff flavor profile is not in my wheelhouse so I just don't buy em. I try every one as they are released but its the same story every time, Davidoff profile-not to my liking. I enjoy Cohiba's but prefer Upmann's and Partagas so if there is a choice of one or the other, I'll always go with the latter 2 but I'd never turn down one if offered ;) G1

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Possibly my favorite Marca and the most stocked in my cooler. I didn't get Cohiba at all until I smoked a Sig VI with 5 years on it. Now I smoke lots of Sig I, II, IV, VI, cce, lancers, and robustos. As Dave mentioned in another thread fresh CoRo are great. I opened a box from 11 a couple of weeks ago and have been blown away with how good they are.

Mike

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I will 6-7th this. Cohiba is a solid smoke. I could live with just smoking them. A bit of age makes the adventure even better. Some them Rott isn't a bad experience either but like most premiums a little age does only good.

I'm Canadian so it is fairly accessible to myself but the price takes that dream away from me. I have ppl who go to Cuba regularly who bring me back sticks so it works out in the end.

Try em out for yourself. You can get a general idea but our palates are all different but IMO you won't be disappointed.

Cheers,
JM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Great special occasion smoke. Have not loved everyone I have tried but a coro with a couple years on it is one of my favorite smokes. Amazing first smoke of the day on any given special day IMO.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Quite ford of the Corona Especiales & Siglo Vs. They need at least 3-4 years of age to shine. Never impressed with CoRos and Esplendidos are a crapshoot. Some awesome, some just OK. For a Churchill I buy Bolivar Coronas Gigante & keep the change.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Agree with the majority here...which as I see it, they pretty much answered your question as yes, they're worth it (for them), but only you can make that call for yourself. I've still never smoked two of the most popular in the Cohiba line up (esplendido & lancero) yet I'm still a fan. I pretty much smoke the Robusto, Siglo IV and the occasional Behike 54 and Siglo VI. For my $$, hard to go wrong with the CoRo and Sig IV. Both fantastic smokes. The other two are nothing to sneeze at either, just a much higher premium.

Best way I can put the answer to your question is Cohiba isn't for everybody. Plenty Dont feel the hype is warranted. If you were just now switching from NCs to CCs I'd encourage you to look elsewhere, as it takes at least a little while to appreciate what the marca has to offer. If/when you get it though.....Cohiba will always have a place in your humidor. It certainly does in mine.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do love em but for my money a nice box of HU#2s will do the trick for me just fine, I know people that it's their every day smoke, I'd rather have one now and then and really enjoy the flavor differences between those and other ISOMs