What's new

Collecting addiction

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep telling myself only a couple more boxes but the wishlist and buying seems to never end. As long as the humidor has room, I will keep loading it up.

And like someone else mentioned, you can always pass on some stock to a BOTL at a reasonable price if you buy the right cigars.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That blast of sweet tobacco and cedar aroma when I open my cooler/wino and finding those well aged smokes tucked away in the bottom that you’d all but forgotten you had are both a big part of enjoying the hobby for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CAD is something you can learn to live with. If it ever becomes too much, always remember we are here for you and that no matter what happens, you can always buy a bigger humidor.
I am only into cigar smoking for about 2 months. I only smoke on weekends usually. I waited about a month before I ordered more smokes to try. I now have more cigars than my 50 count humi can hold so am using tupperdors. Seriously thinking about a coolidor now. Lol

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I am only into cigar smoking for about 2 months. I only smoke on weekends usually. I waited about a month before I ordered more smokes to try. I now have more cigars than my 50 count humi can hold so am using tupperdors. Seriously thinking about a coolidor now. Lol
Remember, always go bigger than you think you need. You'll grow into it.

Sine-Qua-Non

Sine-Something-Or-Other
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My plan was to slow down once I reached 4 years worth of smoking stock, and I have more or less managed to stick to that, but I still have a few boxes that I'll purchase when they are available, no matter what. Currently sitting at three 200-ish actual count humidors, an 80 quart cooler, and a 48 quart cooler... The addiction is real.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One of the considerations is that if you get into Cubans you may be looking at rest times of 3. 4. 5 years or longer so if you only buy and store what you can smoke in 3 years what are you smoking today? I'm buying cigars right now that will be only starting to get into the rotation in 3 years so I easily have 5 or 6 years of cigars in storage.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
One of the considerations is that if you get into Cubans you may be looking at rest times of 3. 4. 5 years or longer so if you only buy and store what you can smoke in 3 years what are you smoking today? I'm buying cigars right now that will be only starting to get into the rotation in 3 years so I easily have 5 or 6 years of cigars in storage.
I’m with you on the CCs. I try to buy boxes with a few years in them if possible and am aiming for 5 year supply in general. I’m new to all this so not there yet, but that’s the goal at least.

If I had the funds I would just buy buy buy and that would all take care of itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How does one get into Cubans if you can't buy them in the US and you don't travel.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
This

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm the typical story. Started with a 20 count humidor, moved to a 300 count, then a winador, now another winador, and looking to convert a closet into a humidor...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I find myself buying more cigars than smoking. Anyone else find themselves in this same position? I almost find it hard to smoke my hard found stogies. I can't even open some of the boxes...lol. We may need to name this phobia.
Anyone? Try every single one of us!!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dran's link didn't work for me maybe this link will work for you if you are not on Tapatalk http://www.botl.org/threads/botl-pre-study-package.53154/

- Yet another great thread to become familiar with (especially if you're interested in Cuban Cigars as an American citizen) is the one entitled Known Risks. One of the main rules here on botl.org is that sources for Cuban Cigars are not permitted for discussion on the forum. Please, don't ask for them, don't ask about them.

Yea we can talk about them all we want but we really can't talk about where we buy them. The link is a good read for any new member.