What's new

Cologne Problem

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have a salesman that works with me that truly loves cigars. He is always smoking one and his favs are La Gloria Series R. He has a habit of dousing himself with cologne to "hide" the cigar smell sice he is always stopping to call on customers. The problem is that I love to give away cigars and he likes to reciprocate. When he hands one over it always smells heavily of his cologne. I hate to put them in my office humi for fear that they will pollute the other cigars. I dont want to hurt hid feeling but just cant bring my self to smoke these perfumed cigars. Any suggestions.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Wow, that is bad....but I understand exactly what you mean. Sometimes if I wipe the kids faces with a perfumed wet wipe when I drop them off at school it can totally ruin the cigar.

Maybe introduce him to a different means of masking or eliminating the cigar odor...show him that PurAyre that Mark sells at Cigarmony.

Link

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Wow, that is bad....but I understand exactly what you mean. Sometimes if I wipe the kids faces with a perfumed wet wipe when I drop them off at school it can totally ruin the cigar.

Maybe introduce him to a different means of masking or eliminating the cigar odor...show him that PurAyre that Mark sells at Cigarmony.

Link
A nicer approach..

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sneak a peek at whatever type of cologne he wears. Say for instance he wears Lomax. Take the cigar home and come back the next day and tell him you smoked it. Say you're a member/mod of a cigar bb and you are into doing reviews. He will surely ask you what you thought of his cigar. That's when you say, it was full of Lomax cologne flavor with hints of....well, come to think of it all I tasted was Lomax cologne. He will get the hint. Another way is to gift him a cigar you have dabbed with your cologne. A little more subtle, but it may work. :bdaycake:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I wouldn't pee on the guys generosity by telling him that his aqua velva is all over the cigar. I would thank him and toss the stick away w/o anything more than a chuckle.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
That is a tough one. I use to me Sales Support for a medical company for a while and it was told to me that do not smoke during the day if you are going to visit clients. Is this an option for you to suggest. Maybe it would cut down on the cologne problem some. Plus I am now back in the Hospital fulltime and the have a strict sent policy. No strong sents are allowed, since it has made some patient sicker when the encounter some one with heavy cologne/perfume sents.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Just give him a.....Yo dude this cigar smells like cologne!!! What's up with that? At least wash your hand after splashing!:dunno: :peace: :glassesgr

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I wouldn't pee on the guys generosity by telling him that his aqua velva is all over the cigar. I would thank him and toss the stick away w/o anything more than a chuckle.
That is the kinder way to go.

Pur Ayre sure works in the car although I haven't tried dousing myself with it.

Of course I was told a long time ago, if you smoke cigars your goin to smell like it no matter what you do.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
If you don't feel like getting into it with the guy then take them home and throw them away.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
If he leaves the room with his computer on, open his browser to this thread... only kidding...

But honestly I agree if you smoke NOTHING will really get rid of it, you won't mask it so much as build onto it a layer of cologne...

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
depends on what mood youre in when you see him next. if you are feeling nice, dont say anything. if you are feeling mean, lay into him about it. or just drink a 12 pack of beer and let it do the talking..... lol

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'd just smell the cigar when he gave it to you, and be like 'man, do you infuse these with cologne?' or something. I'd pretend to be joking about it, but maybe he'll pick it up and realize his cigars reek.

TYLER

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
You're the owner, tell him he is pissing off clients by wearing so much cologne and pissing you off by ruining good cigars.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have been pitching the cigars. The guy is from Russia and a great dude. Big heart and great salesman. I just hate to see him riuin good cigars. I always wonder what the cigar he is smoking must taste like:cryloud: .

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
It probably tastes like after shave. Too bad, that's a touchy situation and I don't think there is an easy way to break it to him