What's new

Colorado fly fishing herf - the strategery session

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah, she can yell pretty good. :cursing: Glad to hear you enjoyed it; when we do it again it *will* be fishing better - also we'll have some other options that weren't open at this time - Deckers was too high to fish and by the time you guys get back out I will be able to take a group of that size (or bigger) into Elevenmile Canyon without any flak from other guide services.

Sorry for the delay; one of my guides picked up my camera (with the card in it) thinking it was his. Good thing he didn't delete photos; I would have had to shoot him.

Grabbed a few of the better photos - scaled to 800x600. If anyone wants originals, let me know - they're too big to post here. I'll share a few AK photos in another topic.

Casey (ZMonster) has some photos on his camera I'd love to get - I will also get the photos off my mom's card later this evening when I see her. This is the first batch. I did get a group shot on her camera.

Here we go ...

A (kind of blurry) shot of Chuck working a run which, inexplicably, only produce fish for Greg. I think Greg was doping his flies.

Whatever dope Greg was using worked very well, though - he was definitely the top rod on the first day!

This is me holding somebody's catch - nice fish!

Jeff was a great sport. Took a bad dunking the first day and came back for more, and was rewarded with a really nice rainbow. Only one cigar lost to the river, as far as I know:

Not ten minutes after that, Tyler nailed a really nice one as well, just downstream - for a minute I thought we'd caught the same fish again!

I will get some more photos up directly!

BTW Tyler, you left your tackle box at the shop up in Woodland. We'll have to get it shipped back to you, or you can pick it up in CS if you're in town.
-b

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Wow Great pic's and some nice fish , Well this does prove that the 4 of them really did fish.....Brad we did hear stories about your mom, Chuck said she was a hoot to be around.....WTG guys

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just moved to Denver, CO and have been wanting to try my hand at Fly Fishing! If it ends up happening, I'd love to be a part of the experience, if you guys can stand a fly fishing newb!