What's new

Colorado fly fishing herf - the strategery session

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

Do I need to stop the Car?:nono:

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I may not be fishing, But u boys on the fishing tour better get enough for a fish fry one nite ...........:smokingme

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Wow what a Bad Pic that is , Chuck, Greg, and Jeff ,ALL doing the Ommmmmmmmm on the stream, doing the catch and release..... what kind of ZEN r u boys playing???? :razz:

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Heh, you guys are nuts. Right now the water is HIGH everywhere ... but running clear, and the fishing has been pretty good. I'll be heading up the day after tomorrow to scope it out and see what it's looking like, but all three major stretches of the S. Platte are looking good. Just mind your footing. ;)

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Got a PM asking about gear, so I'll talk about it here ...

First off, you guys don't really *have* to bring anything. We've got waders and boots and rods and reels to set you up.

If you want to bring your own gear, I'd suggest 8'6" to 9'0" fly rods in a 5- to 6-weight setup, with floating lines (weight-forward is best).

If you're thinking of buying gear ... well, you can always talk to me about that when you get here, heh.

Waders and boots, again, we have, and you'll need, but if you have your own I suggest breathable waders with felt-soled boots. The non-boot-foot kind are the best.

Leaders and tippet we'll be using are 7'6" 4x to 6x for the most part. Some fluorocarbon tippet can help if the water's flowing really clear. Flies will be little - 16 to 22, and I have a ton, so don't worry about trying to fill a grocery list before you get here. If you have some small caddis, pale morning duns, and midge patterns, feel free to bring 'em, but you can buy some from me with no worries.

... if any of this stuff doesn't make sense to you, have no fear, I'll show it all to you when you get here.:yes:

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Water temps should be warming - we're seeing a lot of caddis activity and they're usually only active when the water hits 44+. It's just high.

14 boots are not a problem. :) If you guys want to PM me your height/weight/shoe size, I can start pulling waders and boots ahead of time, but that's entirely optional.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hey Tyler,
You are right. Lets go to Brad's shop on Tuesday then dinner etc. We can fish Wed.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It's going to be very tough to make this next week. Major changes happening at work and taking a day off may prove to be a bad idea. I'll still try for Wed though.