What's new

CoM Review - Cigar of the Month - Master Thread

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I like participating in these kind of things. Also every month can have a different criteria to be voted on. Say Feb is done by vitola and lancero wins. Then March is done by wrapper and Claro green wins, April may be by specific blend and Sobremesa wins...so on and so forth. Im all up for it this, maybe not every month but I'll try to participate when possible.

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Just a thought... Since each classification will likely have so many great options, and since it would possibly drag out and loose steam if we only focused on one cigar for an entire month, perhaps we should consider 3 or 4 cigars per month from the month's category? We could do a new one every week or 10 days - for example, January is Habano wrappers, so we could do CH for Jan 1-10, Crux for Jan 11-20, RC for Jan 21-31...? These cigars are just for example and I realize that Jan 1-10 is already halfway over, but it might help keep things interesting and encourage participation...

Thoughts?

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
@multi-useless I think you'll be surprised. A month goes by fast, and in the PToM I've had guys multiple times suggest going down to only every other month.
This project will take us from no group review to one. I'll feel this out and adjust if needs be, but for right now I'm shooting for a single cigar of the month to try and get a number of different people all smoking the same thing and sharing their thoughts on it.
For a six a day cigar smoker, it might get boring and lose traction, but there are just as many (or more) throughout the membership that might only enjoy one cigar a week.
I appreciate the brainstorming, though! Let's just not start talking about how it's going to fail until we've actually given it a chance to start. ;)

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
+1 on the one cigar a week crew lol
@multi-useless on the PToM side of this it takes most guys a couple tastes to put together a coherent review that they are willing to put on the site...unless their name is Dave and they just say "It's good" and that counts for a review.
Really looking forward to see what wins so that I can throw it in the travel humi and light it up as soon as possible

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
@cgraunke I think you should totally take advantage of Lancero February for CoM, just a suggestion, probably already churning in your head, but if not, here this is.

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
with all the different cigar brands/manufacturers/lines/etc... what do you guys think about picking a line of cigar (like the current RoMa Craft Aquitaine) and NOT picking a certain size?

1. i dont think we would be very eager to vote on a cigar (robo, for example) if we have already reviewed it in a previous month in a corona gorda vitola
2. we would increase the chances of finding one in our humi (everyone prefers different vitolas, and we wouldnt have to make special purchases for a review)
3. we can get more reviews on the many sizes of the same line in one month
4. when not considering vitola, with all the different manufacturers and their respective lines, we can still keep this going for many years..

i dunno... just thinking out loud

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
with all the different cigar brands/manufacturers/lines/etc... what do you guys think about picking a line of cigar (like the current RoMa Craft Aquitaine) and NOT picking a certain size?

1. i dont think we would be very eager to vote on a cigar (robo, for example) if we have already reviewed it in a previous month in a corona gorda vitola
2. we would increase the chances of finding one in our humi (everyone prefers different vitolas, and we wouldnt have to make special purchases for a review)
4. when not considering vitola, with all the different manufacturers and their respective lines, we can still keep this going for many years..

I wouldn't be opposed to this, pick a specific cigar but leave the vitola up to each individual.

Either way is fine by me, if I don't have it I just have an excuse to buy more cigars.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

I like it... would be interesting to see if there's a different majority opinion from one vitola to the next...