What's new

CoM Review - Cigar of the Month - Master Thread

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I think it's good.
I wonder if we could work with a site sponsor like small batch to create a vitola sampler for the chosen line each month to get to try several of them without too much expense (I'll most likely be ordering every month as my collection is small)

~ Dale
Georgia, USA

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I think it's good.
I wonder if we could work with a site sponsor like small batch to create a vitola sampler for the chosen line each month to get to try several of them without too much expense (I'll most likely be ordering every month as my collection is small)

~ Dale
Georgia, USA
That is definitely something I've considered, to get a sponsor to be exclusive partner of the project, maybe with some deal packages, etc. But, before I approach admin with even a suggestion of this, I'd like to get all our kinks worked out, getting a stable system running, and see what kind of numbers we're working with. We would want to be able to prove to a sponsor that it's in their best interest to essentially give more money to BOTL. That the increased sales would offset the cut in to their margins.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I'll shoot for nominations next week and a vote the end of next week, but if we're going to nominate/review a blend and not a specific cigar, then let's have some ideas on a category for February other than Lancero. I guess it would be best to stick to either a wrapper leaf classification or a country of origin classification. Any recommendations?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I think it's going to be hard to make Lancero February jive with the whole "no vitola specifications" that we've been discussing these past few days... @cgraunke I know it's not the suggestion you asked for, but I vote to embrace Lancero February entirely, and just do lanceros for the CoM - I'm one of the guys who supports the "any vitola" idea that's been tossed around lately, but it's the only month that has a vitola dedicated to it, so February could be our once a year departure from the CoM norm. With this approach, we automatically roll all the Lancero lovers into CoM because they're already smoking lances, which may encourage more participation in CoM going forward.

The opposite solution would be sacrilege to many, but we could ignore Lancero February altogether for purposes of CoM - Lance Feb is strong enough to stand on it's own, but would CoM stand alone as well? Might be too early to draw any conclusions on that one.

Lance Feb seems to have a strong following, and CoM is young... it may be worthwhile to re-visit the idea next year, but since CoM is new, maybe we should just take a back seat this year and see how it plays out before committing to fixing something that isn't broken... Thoughts?

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Okay, I think I've got this figured...
Next month we'll do "Blends available as a Lancero"
Should keep everyone happy and maximize participation. Those who want to seek out a Lancero of the chosen blend for "Lancero February" can, those who don't can raid their humidor or buy their desired vitola of said blend.
I won't start pushing for nominations until next week, but you're welcome to throw them out now already if you feel like it. (any blend that is available as a Lancero)

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I do like the My Father nomination and probably would have nominated it had it not already been.

CoM February Nominations:
J.D. Howard Reserve (Single Action - Petite Lancero)

Quesada Seleccion Espana (Lancero/H-Town Lancero/Ninfa)

I want to say La Sirena (Triton - Lancero) but as the lancero it may be hard to come by so I'll just stick to the 1st 2.

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk