What's new

CoM Review - Cigar of the Month - Master Thread

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
San Andres Maduro (maybe we used that already to get to the CoM)
Things That Come In a Coffin
Pennsylvania Tobacco
Corona Gorda
Things That Come In a Tube
Things With No Band
Extension of a core line

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Sorry guys. Life got flipped upside down again. What started early with good intention, again ended up late, and for that I apologize.
That said, with the recent passing of Carlos Fuente Sr., let's honor him with a month of Fuente, including our CoM for August.

http://www.botl.org/threads/com-aug-2016-rip-carlos-fuente-sr-cigar-of-the-month-poll.87533/

I've spent way too much time researching the other recommendations to let them go unused, though. So, all that will carry on for our September vote.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Sorry guys. Life got flipped upside down again. What started early with good intention, again ended up late, and for that I apologize.
That said, with the recent passing of Carlos Fuente Sr., let's honor him with a month of Fuente, including our CoM for August.

http://www.botl.org/threads/com-aug-2016-rip-carlos-fuente-sr-cigar-of-the-month-poll.87533/

I've spent way too much time researching the other recommendations to let them go unused, though. So, all that will carry on for our September vote.
This!

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i was thinking... you are currently doing a lot of cross referencing of our recommendations for each month's poll.
maybe... just maybe... would it be easier to pick a brand (for example arturo fuente) and have the poll be among the different lines they have (casa cuba, hemmingway, opus, etc)? if hemmingway wins and becomes the CoM, we can leave it off the vote list if/when Fuente comes back around...
if a particular brand doesnt have very many cigars in their lineup, you can combine it with another brand that also has a small lineup.
just a thought... it might be a dumb idea lol

its been fun reviewing these sticks each month. im trying to think of ways of streamlining this and making things easier for you.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Yeah, if previous years have been any indication, there will be two or three (or more) threads on Tat Monsters this month.
I don't like just saying "Monsters" as the idea of this is to get multiple people reviewing and sharing their experience with the same blend, not a conglomeration of nine different blends marketed under the same theme.
I could get behind doing the new Kruger, but have they even started shipping yet? Anyone have one in hand?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah, if previous years have been any indication, there will be two or three (or more) threads on Tat Monsters this month.
I don't like just saying "Monsters" as the idea of this is to get multiple people reviewing and sharing their experience with the same blend, not a conglomeration of nine different blends marketed under the same theme.
I could get behind doing the new Kruger, but have they even started shipping yet? Anyone have one in hand?
I think they're still in "pre-order" mode. At least the other day it was when I got the e-mail from a vendor. I've been trying to see if other vendors got any yet but it seems like they're all in the same boat. And most of the unlucky 13 are sold out of the dress boxes if I'm not mistaken.