What's new

Commute smoke

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well triggered by the post bellow, about smoking at lunch, I figured what the hay, lets do this one...

How many of you smoke during your commute, or even anytime while driving? and of those how many are allowed to smoke while the SO/kids are in the car?? :roll: and what did you smoke if you can or were...or something like that....oh shut up! :shock: :D

I can't smoke w the better half, but alone I do, but it has to be in my car :shock: :roll: :p

Had a Cohiba club 8)

Tag ur it!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have anywhere from 30-45 minute commute each way. Would love to be able to smoke in the car, but I know I would catch grief for it. The other day, the S/O got in the car and complained thinking thay I had been smoking in the car.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
2 minute commute for me so I wouldn't even be able to get a mini in! Bah...

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I drive a couple of different trucks a week home and what I try to do is drive them before I get them detailed so I dont have to worry as much about the cigar smell. I do roll the windows down.

Only a 15 mile drive to work so I start the smoke before I leave work and try to finish while I am turning off the bypass. So I smoke mostly coronas about any will work.

I dont smoke in the truck if there is anyone else in it.

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I smoke a Cohiba club every morning on the way to work with some killer beans coffee (thanks to the killer bean bomber!)

If I'm on a road trip to one of our other offices I'll grab something larger, usually a robusto, mareva or a corona for the ride.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is my favorite time to smoke to and from work especialy during the winter months when I can't take my bike Faith to work. I've been smoking mainly padron delicias maduros and sancho panza extra fuerta during the week I save most of the cubans for the weekend :wink:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have a 30 minute commute. I don't smoke in the morning but most evenings I do. Of course, there's not time for a decent size cigar so I've been experimenting with smaller smokes. An LGC Wavell works if I have to run an errand on the way. Partagas Black Pronto and CAO Brazilia Cariocas are just about right and both are pleasant smokes despite the small size. I picked up a couple of Short Storys today to try next week. Any driving I do aside from the commute I most always smoke. Currently no SO or kids.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
Every day! I have about a half hour drive one way. I'll fire up in the driveway and finish it in the parking lot at work. The only bad part about doing this is, a few time I got to work early and was still late because the smoke was just too good to put down. :lol:

A lot of time I'll smoke a pipe on the way home at night.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a unique situation. As soon as I get in my car I am at worK, it's a patrol car you know (cop car). Our department takes their patrol units home at night so my commute is walking to the driveway. That said I smoke cigars in my patrol unit since I am the only one assigned to it.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have about a half hour commute too. On the ride home I light up occasionally.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not necessarily a commute smoke, but when I travel I always start off the trip with a Davidoff Double R. Why??? Because it makes the trip soooo much shorter. By the time the cigar is done I'm usually close to my destination. Plus, it gives me a reason to buy one HAHA!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
don't really have a long commute, 15min. but when i know i'm going for a long drive, lets say to a ball game pull out something haven't smoked in while. Macanudo, or Hoyo de Monterrey, or maybe try a "store exclusive" brand to see if i find a winner usually a corona, it's a 2 1/2 hr drive so size really isn't an issue and depending on the weather maybe another stick or two for the tailgate.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've got about a 35-40min ride to work, 2-3times a week I like to relax with a nice smoke on the ride home. Sometimes my GF just likes to go for a ride and bribes me with "hey you should go for a ride so you can smoke a cigar", as my arm twists .

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I live at my on the lake so that is an N/A

However, my favorite place and time to smoke IS while I'm driving. Living an hour outside of the city, I make the drive there regularly when I'm not working.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm driving into the city to visit friends/go to my preferred B&M, I'll light something up. Otherwise, I don't drive long enough to smoke anything (25 mins roughly).

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My commute to school is only 10 minutes, so nothing will work there. But I do drive 3 hours each way to Houston on the weekends. For that I will usually smoke a RP 1990 Vitnage, Tat Red, or a similar torpedo!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I smoke most of the time in my car. This is one of my favorite times to smoke - I work till about 1am and on the way home I turn on the AM radio - Coast to Coast - Smoke a cigar and listen to the craziness. The SO doesn't give me grief, which I do feel very lucky about. I told her a long time ago that I pay my car note on my own and if she doesn't like the smell in the car, roll down the window or drive your own truck haha. It's said more in jest as I said before, because she's never given me trouble about it before.