What's new

Concealed or Open carry?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in Texas, open carry will be permitted started Jan 1. For those of you in states with the options, do you open carry or carry concealed? For those in Texas, will you continue to carry concealed or start to open carry?

Just curious and interested in your reasons.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Concealed. But I appreciate seeing someone open carry just to remind the bad guys that those around him have guns and will shoot his dumb ass if he decides to be stupid. Here in Missouri open carry is legal and concealed carry requires an 8 hour class and background check by the Sheriff. Oh, and $100.

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Once I get my CC, concealed will be my option. (Technically, you can legally open carry in Delaware.)

I do NOT see the point in potentially creating a problem because someone wants to overreact.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Open carrying in my opinion is quite provocative and makes people uncomfortable. I for one do not like to draw that kind of attention to my self. If it were more common I could see it but not in the current atmosphere.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Concealed. Here in Florida open carry is strictly prohibidado. I would open carry if it was legal, here and there. And especially while driving.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
99% of the time concealed, I like the element of surprise and do not like to draw attention to myself. Here in AZ open carry is actually somewhat common, but I still don't like to broadcast that I have a firearm

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Concealed. As said before. Most people around here don't understand that open carry is legal, or that anyone open carrying is likely not to be a criminal because criminals don't carry a permit...

Also people around here seem to think a fire arm just jumps up and starts shooting on its own. Open carrying isn't worth the hassle when I can conceal and no one will know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
concel carry because so many business are no fire arms zones... which pisses me off because cops are allowed to open carry in those business with no problem if it is a no fire arm zone it is a no fire arm zone no one should be subject to preferential treatment no fire arms means exactly that no fire arms

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well concealed seems to be the consensus and I agree and for the same reasons.

(1) f-bizzle said it perfectly, "the uneducated and the fearful". Half of Americans can't even name the vice president... or what continent they live on. I forsee those who aren't even aware carry is legal to panic and call the law- and while you are vindicated with your license, it will be a bad scene and nuisance . I also know there are anti 2A nuts that will do it just to harass you.

(2) ... and this is my real reason.... I don't want any would-be punks that Rob the place I'm at to know I have it. I would be the first person they go for. It's common for thugs to first case a place- even going in and acting like a regular customer- and going out and meeting his punk friends and giving them the layout. Then they are back in with masks and rob the place. I wouldn't even shout a warning, they'd get a forty five caliber round straight through the back.

Thanks for your input guys. Long ashes..