What's new

Contest: Favorite Zeppelin tune

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Alright guys, I've got an idea for all the true Zeppelin fans out there. I'm a Zeppelin freak, and I mean FREAK. I've read "Hammer of the Gods" about ten times now. I'm curious to know what everyone's favorite Zeppelin tunes are. As long as this type of thing is cool with the mods, I propose a little contest. I've got a copy of Zeppelin's box set , The Complete Studio Recordings. This is a ten CD set, all ten albums,with all the good singles recorded that weren't put on an album on the end of the Coda CD.This is for a copy of said box set, NOT THE BOX SET ITSELF. I have that stashed in my fireproof gun safe because it's so near and dear to my heart.
For one week starting now, post up your favorite Zeppelin tunes, and why they mean something to you, and at the end of the week, I'll post up a winner. This will be purely objective, meaning I'll pick the best response.
Winner will get said box set free of charge.

If this is a no-no, mods please delete and go easy on me. Not trying to break any rules.

On to the contest. Who's first?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hard to pick, tbh... Either Fool in the Rain, All of my Love, or No Quarter, all depending on my mood :)

EDIT: No Quarter, not the crunge. I always get teh two backwards in my head

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I'll bite. My favorite is "Fool in the Rain" from In Through the Out Door.
The music and the beat are great, and it's just an upbeat song. A lot of Zeppelin stuff sounds a bit similar, and this just different. Also, The album came out in late 1979 and peaked in early 1980, I was just then finding what my taste was in music.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Immigrant Song"
Feel free to mock, but in high school I played a MMORPG called Dark Age of Camelot with some friends. Anyways, we were all in the Norse themed realm, and "Immigrant Song" was played often. Still brings back some good 'time and place' memories. That's what I love about music in general.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
"Immigrant Song"
Feel free to mock, but in high school I played a MMORPG called Dark Age of Camelot with some friends. Anyways, we were all in the Norse themed realm, and "Immigrant Song" was played often. Still brings back some good 'time and place' memories. That's what I love about music in general.
Love the Immigrant song. The only electric, hard hitting song on their most acoustic album. Good stuff, guys

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
That's The Way - I really love the acoustic Zep of III. This one has that chill vibe. Love John Paul Jones on the mandolin as well. It made me pick up and attempt to learn the mandolin. I grew up on a greatest hits box set of Zep and this song wasn't on it. I didn't really find out about it until the live How The West Was Won was released. That version is fantastic.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
That's The Way - I really love the acoustic Zep of III. This one has that chill vibe. Love John Paul Jones on the mandolin as well. It made me pick up and attempt to learn the mandolin. I grew up on a greatest hits box set of Zep and this song wasn't on it. I didn't really find out about it until the live How The West Was Won was released. That version is fantastic.

Your probably talking about the four CD set that came out around '90. It had tons of good stuff missing. Lost that set in a move sometime ago

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I could pick about 50, love Zep big time.

For sentimental reasons, "In My Time Of Dying". Always one of my faves, I had just boarded a plane to head to my Mom's unexpected funeral. Threw my player on "shuffle", and this was the first song (out of thousands) to come on....thought it was pretty ironic, and didn't look at it as sad, just pretty "cosmic".

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Very hard to pick. I'd say Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, but more so just III because they went a different way with that album so early in their career. Most bands go about five albums in before changing their style. LZ did it before anyone pegged them to a specific genre which made this album a success. IMO.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I like all the posts so far… but then again, I'm biased. The only one I really don't like would be Carouselambra. Not a fan. But they can't all be Zingers…

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day, going out at night wasn’t a, “Should I?” kind of deal, it was a given. The only thing long days at work meant, was that you would have less time to eat and get ready.

It was always the same, put on some tunes, scarf some food as the shower warmed. When the shower was done, you put on some cologne as you checked in the mirror for things stuck in your teeth. All the while making sure you didn’t light a new smoke if one was still burning somewhere in the old pad.

The biggest preoccupation was what shirt you would be wearing and making sure your tunes suited your mood. And as dawn eased its way into evening, with the promise of drunken shenanigans to come, the pile of rejected shirts on the floor were picked up and put away.

The anticipation was almost always too much to bear as you waited for those final two to ten minutes to pass - ready to leave, but knowing it was too early to start. It was then, just when you were ready to face the night, but knew it was too early to leave, that you needed something to get you over the hump. Some used cocaine; I pursued the theme song… My theme song always was “In The Evening.” – Zeppelin

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Back in the day, going out at night wasn’t a, “Should I?” kind of deal, it was a given. The only thing long days at work meant, was that you would have less time to eat and get ready.

It was always the same, put on some tunes, scarf some food as the shower warmed. When the shower was done, you put on some cologne as you checked in the mirror for things stuck in your teeth. All the while making sure you didn’t light a new smoke if one was still burning somewhere in the old pad.

The biggest preoccupation was what shirt you would be wearing and making sure your tunes suited your mood. And as dawn eased its way into evening, with the promise of drunken shenanigans to come, the pile of rejected shirts on the floor were picked up and put away.

The anticipation was almost always too much to bear as you waited for those final two to ten minutes to pass - ready to leave, but knowing it was too early to start. It was then, just when you were ready to face the night, but knew it was too early to leave, that you needed something to get you over the hump. Some used cocaine; I pursued the theme song… My theme song always was “In The Evening.” – Zeppelin
You and I grew up the same way it seems. Lol
Found Zeppelin at 12 years old, three years after Bohnam's untimely death. I haven't been the same musically since.