What's new

Cookin' With Texican!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I figured I would start a thread of my own so as not to clutter up the others with step-by-step stuff and random musings. :D For the inaugural post...going to do some chicken thighs on the grill tonight for dinner. But first, the marinade! Not pictured is some crushed garlic and a little squirt of Sriracha.

They are now chilling in the fridge. Be back later this afternoon to grill these suckers after some various errands and chores. Might squeeze in a smoke and a drink too. See y'all in a bit. :cool:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow, looks amazing brother Tex!!! I love thighs and those look like thighs. I bet that slice of ham tasted great too.;)
Lookin' forward to the next installment of CWT!
Ham got dropped on the coals twice...it was gritty as all hell but I ate it with a smile because he said "Dad! This is amazing! I think I was born to barbecue!" :D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Being from North Carolina I always tear up at the sight of pork on the grill. Now you have to teach him how to smoke pork shoulders and butts.
I won't lie, I'll have to brush up on it myself. I've done a handful of shoulders but it has been easily 10 years. And the last one I did was actually a wild hog.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I won't lie, I'll have to brush up on it myself. I've done a handful of shoulders but it has been easily 10 years. And the last one I did was actually a wild hog.
I haven't done it in probably 20 years. I remember my grandpa nearly disowned me when I said we should use mesquite. Apparently hickory and oak are the true way.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I haven't done it in probably 20 years. I remember my grandpa nearly disowned me when I said we should use mesquite. Apparently hickory and oak are the true way.
Hahaha! The regional preferences are so real though, and I find myself adhering to them as well. I only use oak splits in the offset with occasional mesquite chunks for that little something extra. Mostly use red oak because that's the easiest to get. But rarely I'll get post oak. I have about 1/8 cord of it right now that my cousin gave to me. Now for grilling...it's all about mesquite. I'll use cherry/apple chips sometimes too.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Prepping a meatloaf for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully. Might not have time to do it and may end up putting it in the stove but I reallllly hope not. Anyway, here we go. Measurements are loose and nonexistent. Take some diced yellow onions and cracker crumbs.

Here are the rest of the ingredients:

Mix it all up with some 80/20 ground beef. Don't overmix it and make the meat too squishy and fine. This looks rugged, but we're gonna do some smokey magic with it on the grill tomorrow. See y'all then...hopefully.