What's new

Coolidor

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
How long does it take to get rid of the new cooler smell? I've been wiping it down with alcohol and letting it air out... I tried something different today... I wipes it down and kept it shut and will open it when I get home
It took me zero washings. I just put the boxes in and after a short while they smelled of cigars.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Awesome idea. You guys are knocking these out of the park. I currently do not need as I've been avoiding the devils site!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
How long does it take to get rid of the new cooler smell? I've been wiping it down with alcohol and letting it air out... I tried something different today... I wipes it down and kept it shut and will open it when I get home
It took me zero washings. I just put the boxes in and after a short while they smelled of cigars.
Mine had almost no smell either. I rinsed it out with the hose and a drop or two of dawn. Left it out in the sun to dry and loaded it up. No plastic smell after it was all dried out. Smells delicious now, cedar and cigars HMMMMMM.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Mine had almost no smell either. I rinsed it out with the hose and a drop or two of dawn. Left it out in the sun to dry and loaded it up. No plastic smell after it was all dried out. Smells delicious now, cedar and cigars HMMMMMM.
If it had no smell, why did you rinse it and leave it in the sun? :)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If it had no smell, why did you rinse it and leave it in the sun? :)
Mine had almost no smell either.
it did have almost no smell. Certainly nothing like i experienced when I bought a new wine fridge a few years back or the stink you get while inflating brand new pool toys for my nieces and nephews. Point being it did not require multiple washes or being stuffed with newspaper or trays of baking soda for days on end. a quick rinse and a morning drying in some southern california sun was all it needed :)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I wonder if length of time between being manufactured and being sold (and, therefore, closed/sealed) makes a difference? Because when I brought my new cooler home, it had a definite "new plastic" smell that. While it wasn't overpowering, it was certainly present. So, in my case, I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Plus, "drying in some Illinois sun during the 3rd worst effing Winter" is definitely not the same as "drying in some Southern California sun" LOL

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I wonder if length of time between being manufactured and being sold (and, therefore, closed/sealed) makes a difference? Because when I brought my new cooler home, it had a definite "new plastic" smell that. While it wasn't overpowering, it was certainly present. So, in my case, I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Plus, "drying in some Illinois sun during the 3rd worst effing Winter" is definitely not the same as "drying in some Southern California sun" LOL
I would imagine manufactured vs sold date has a huge affect on its smell. I bought mine from a sears that looked like it had barely survived the zombie apocalypse so odds are it was pretty old stock.

I gave mine a quick rinse based purely on cleanliness, especially after seeing the inside of that sears.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
no kidding? when I was a kid my mom bought a TON of stuff from sears and it was all nice, good quality stuff. These days I would be surprised if I go there more than once a year. Their tools quality has gone way down hill too. I could care less about a life time warranty if I have to go get their exploding sockets and ratchets warrantied every other bolt. Spending good chunk of change on snap on and matco tools over the last few years has paid for itself in hassle free work.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
no kidding? when I was a kid my mom bought a TON of stuff from sears and it was all nice, good quality stuff. These days I would be surprised if I go there more than once a year. Their tools quality has gone way down hill too. I could care less about a life time warranty if I have to go get their exploding sockets and ratchets warrantied every other bolt. Spending good chunk of change on snap on and matco tools over the last few years has paid for itself in hassle free work.
And what is their "lifetime warranty"? For the life of the tool or the life of the brand? Not sure how much longer they will be around to replace defective parts

Plus, I grew up in the 70s and, as a maturing young lad, the Sears catalog was something to look forward to!