What's new

Cornell & Diehl Small Batch: Carolina Red Flake

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just got this in an email from SmokingPipes.com...

To All Our Friends, Fans, & Customers,

As some of you know, there have been reports over the last few days that our latest Small Batch blend, Carolina Red Flake is either prone to mold or already molded upon being opened.

C&D’s goal, our mission, is to make only the finest hand crafted pipe tobacco. And while Carolina Red Flake is very special and is the result a lot of passion and hard work, the product that we’ve got out there right now--the tins you bought--don’t live up to our standards. We don’t want tobacco out there that we aren’t completely satisfied with. Since it is impossible to know how widespread this problem may be, we ask that all tins of Carolina Red Flake be returned to us. Yes, all 2,400 of them.

I want to apologize on behalf of Cornell & Diehl and Laudisi Enterprises for our mistake. Like many of you, I’m heartsick that so many of these tins are not smokable. I’m heartsick that we made bad pipe tobacco. I’m sorry that we’ve caused so much disappointment and I’m sorry that so many of you spent money on tins of C&D that ended up being a waste.

We’re going to make this right. Please contact us at 888-366-0345 orinfo@smokingpipes.com and we will issue a UPS return label to return the tins to us. We will give you a comparable Cornell & Diehl 2oz tin of your choice as a replacement, or give you a refund if you prefer.

And in the meantime, we’ve got work to do to develop a better product for the future. We’re taking a hard look at the anti-fungal agent we use on our blends and its application methodology and we’ve already making adjustments. We’re fairly confident that we understand what went wrong with Carolina Red Flake, and once we are completely confident that we can properly treat this particular red Virginia varietal with our anti-fungal agent in a way that guarantees it won’t spoil, we will consider re-introducing it in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Ted Swearingen
Chief Operating Officer | Laudisi Enterprises, Inc.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends, please read the following statement from our COO: http://www.cornellanddiehl.com/the-latest-details.cfm?id=49

Please note that we are now actively trying to get all tins of Carolina Red Flake back to C&D. Smokingpipes.com is reaching out to all of their customers who purchased tins to arrange returns (if this is you, you should be receiving an email shortly), and Laudisi Distribution Group is contacting all other retailers to have unsold product returned as well as to reach out to their customers to arrange returns.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This might explain why no one got back to me when I sent them a message asking if they knew of any shops in the region that may still have tins.

Props to them for trying to make this right