What's new

Covid 19

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If there’s one good thing coming from this insanity, on our days off together, my wife and I have been cleaning up the house and tossing out so much crap.
A good friend of mine always told me to go through everything once a year, and if you havent used it in 6 months, throw it out, or you can easily end up on one of those hoarding shows. Good advice. I still have to go through my closet. I'd bet I can get rid of over half my clothes in there.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got this email from our trash pickup service this afternoon. Maybe you spring cleaners can spread out your garbage tossing a bit so they have time to pick up that bag of rotten chicken I've had in the can since Friday.

"Due to the amount of trash that has been out because of a lot of people being home we are running a little behind on pick. I apologize for the inconvenience but please leave your trash out and our guys will be out in the morning to pick it up if they don't get to you today. Hopefully things will be back at normal soon. Thank you and stay safe."

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got this email from our trash pickup service this afternoon. Maybe you spring cleaners can spread out your garbage tossing a bit so they have time to pick up that bag of rotten chicken I've had in the can since Friday.

"Due to the amount of trash that has been out because of a lot of people being home we are running a little behind on pick. I apologize for the inconvenience but please leave your trash out and our guys will be out in the morning to pick it up if they don't get to you today. Hopefully things will be back at normal soon. Thank you and stay safe."
I noticed here too they’re a little later time wise for pickup at my house. Then again everyone is home and they probably make more trips to the local dump than usual. They’re good guys though and work hard. They love me since the pail goes out once every 2 weeks

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Recyclables no longer picked up by the Twp here. Too much hand sorting at the curb by the driver (they pull a compartmented trailer)
They want to be safe since they know the virus can live on surfaces. There are a few nearby lots with drop off sort-containers residents must utilize.

Trash pickup is going well, but with a few changes. Bags must be securely sealed, No plastic shopping bags being used as (outside) trash bags ( do people really try this? )
And no bags outside of cans will be collected. This is to keep the bags from opening, and to keep neighbors and workers from encountering contaminated trash.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
A good friend of mine always told me to go through everything once a year, and if you havent used it in 6 months, throw it out, or you can easily end up on one of those hoarding shows. Good advice. I still have to go through my closet. I'd bet I can get rid of over half my clothes in there.
NOT gonna happen with my cigars though........just sayin