What's new

Covid Vaccine

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else gotten theirs? This might be considered a personal question, but I only ask because I may be able to get one. I don't meet the age requirement, but my manager thinks she can get me appointment anyway. I'm on the fence about this. A little paranoia, but some positive thoughts; I can see my mom and not worry anyone.

Just wondering about everyone's opinion / experience with the vaccine.
Thanks!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Finished with Moderna 1st shot no problems bit of sore spot and arm itched 5 days later 2nd shot I was achy and cranky the next day. Could definitely tell the vaccine was working, kind of like fighting off the flu but by the third day absolutely no problems.

BTW I was able to make an appointment with my healthcare provider's pharmacy and no waiting in line on appt date

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input!
The people I know that got it felt like crap after the 2nd dose, but I'm more worried about its safety and whatnot. It came out wicked fast...

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
One of the teams I work with coordinated vaccinations with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia for all district employees.
The coordination took about 4 weeks and the last round of shots are wrapping up this week.
That’s roughly 20,000 employees, which is pretty remarkable.
I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
After the 2nd shot I was a bit tired and had a sore arm, but that’s about it.
Feeling great!

Also, in regards to the safety and efficacy of the vaccine, I trust science.
There’s a lot of shit floating around on the internet re: the vaccine, and the vast majority of it originates on social media or sites that have little to no credibility.
While it did come out fast, I trust that there are protocols in place that still regulate what is acceptable and unacceptable with any rollout of a new vaccine.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the teams I work with coordinated vaccinations with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia for all district employees.
The coordination took about 4 weeks and the last round of shots are wrapping up this week.
That’s roughly 20,000 employees, which is pretty remarkable.
I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
After the 2nd shot I was a bit tired and had a sore arm, but that’s about it.
Feeling great!
That's quite the program!
Glad you had no hangover, too!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to get shot #1 today, don't know what flavor.
Having had covid already it was no fun, don't really want it again. I have to be out and around people for work so waiting for it to go away isn't a smart option for me.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend lost both her parents to covid and ever since, my anxiety has been crazy. They let me continue to work from home, but my anxiety may make me eligible... but now I'm anxious about getting the shots ><

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Also, in regards to the safety and efficacy of the vaccine, I trust science.
There’s a lot of shit floating around on the internet re: the vaccine, and the vast majority of it originates on social media or sites that have little to no credibility.
While it did come out fast, I trust that there are protocols in place that still regulate what is acceptable and unacceptable with any rollout of a new vaccine.
I have a simple question for people that spread rumors about the efficacy of masks, the vaccine or social distancing

"Where do you keep your medical license?" If I am going to trust my health to someone's opinion it is going to be the best educated and most experienced advice I can find

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a simple question for people that spread rumors about the efficacy of masks, the vaccine or social distancing

"Where do you keep your medical license?" If I am going to trust my health to someone's opinion it is going to be the best educated and most experienced advice I can find
Virtual fist bump!

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine last Friday. Had some dizziness, aches, and tiredness for a couple days but nothing I couldn't handle. A lot of people have already got the vaccine and the worst issues are few and far in between. If we are going to stop this virus we need people to get the vaccinations and I am sure getting the virus is far worse then the effects of the shots.

Isaiah

Casablancas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my first pfizer shot last week. No side effects. I'm in my 30s and over all very healthy but I didn't want to risk having to go the hospital and end up with 10k in medical bills or spreading it to family members. I had some irrational fear of the vaccine as well but overall I think the benefits outweigh the risks.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I got my first shot (Moderna) 3 weeks ago and am scheduled for my second dose on Friday. No issues from the first shot except a sore arm. Hopefully the second dose will be the same but even if it knocks me on my ass it will be preferable to getting sick from the virus which made several of my relatives and friends pretty sick and actually killed a dear friend who was a role model and mentor of mine back in November.

As far as “coming out to fast” from what I understand they have actually been laying the groundwork for almost 20 years going back to the original SARS and also with the MERS outbreak a few years ago. Both of those fizzled out before they became a global pandemic so there was no economic reason to continue. The basic research was already there though so when they were able to get the genetic map of this latest version they were able to move pretty quickly.

All of the babble about changing your DNA, tracking chips and other conspiracy theories are just a bunch of BS IMHO. I prefer to trust the science over my crazy uncle’s posts on FB.

If we are ever going to reach herd immunity and get past all this crap we have put up with over the past year we all just need to get vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I felt like complete crap after both shots. Turns out that they believe that means I already had Covid and my body was going to war.

Everybody I work with got their shots back in January. I had the worst reaction of the crew. Everybody else said they just had some aches and a light fever.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got my first dose last Wednesday the 31st. Didn't feel a thing until about 9pm that night, but only a little tenderness in my arm. That lasted about 24 hours and only felt it when it was pressed on. I can't wait to get my second shot at the end of April. This might sound selfish, but I'm ready to start traveling and seeing loved ones again. Hopefully we can get past this soon.

Edit to state that I got the Moderna vaccine.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely not the type to get into conspiracy theories... the amount of disinformation spewing from the internet is putrid.
I know the deal about the vaccine. They drill it into your head on CNN. I'm just not really comfortable with it for some reason. I'm going to try and get it, though.

Thank you all for the input. Hopefully I can get on the list.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got my first Moderna shot today, 5 hours ago a little soreness but really nothing at all so far. I live in FL and they opened it up to everyone at this point, I did drive through it was actually really well organized and thought out, they moved cars through quickly and had us park, the time of the injection on your windshield and people walking around making sure everyone was ok, after about 15 minutes they came up and told us we could leave, at that point we pulled through one more station and got our appointment cards for the next dose.

Again i will say I'm a little disappointed, .... no super powers at all :(

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'm definitely not the type to get into conspiracy theories... the amount of disinformation spewing from the internet is putrid.
I know the deal about the vaccine. They drill it into your head on CNN. I'm just not really comfortable with it for some reason. I'm going to try and get it, though.

Thank you all for the input. Hopefully I can get on the list.

Do some research and don't rush into anything. Remember this is not a vaccine it is an experimental gene therapy and NOT FDA approved. You are more than likely to fall into the group that has a 99.8% chance of survival with this bug.

Last edited: