What's new

Craigslist/Ebay Cigar Fails

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I like the part in the description "sides may not be perfect" as if to say he's not sure, which means they are not. Shady.
That's basically protection against a chargeback. Not that it'll work, but since technically the box is what's for sale, someone could file a claim stating the box was worn, damaged, misconstructed, etc. Given the rather antagonistic attitude of many guys who hate what he's doing, and the likelihood someone might try and justify screwing him, I can't say I blame him at all for that particular disclaimer.

Never underestimate the level someone with an entitled attitude will stoop to harm someone they feel is "in the wrong." It happens a lot in any collectors' circle, be it cigars, comic books, action figures, hot wheels... I've seen people justify all sorts of insane, destructive, and harmful behavior simply because they felt entitled, were pissed someone else had what they wanted, and felt that someone else (the scalper/gouger/whatever) deserved whatever he got.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like the part in the description "sides may not be perfect" as if to say he's not sure, which means they are not. Shady.
That's basically protection against a chargeback. Not that it'll work, but since technically the box is what's for sale, someone could file a claim stating the box was worn, damaged, misconstructed, etc. Given the rather antagonistic attitude of many guys who hate what he's doing, and the likelihood someone might try and justify screwing him, I can't say I blame him at all for that particular disclaimer.

Never underestimate the level someone with an entitled attitude will stoop to harm someone they feel is "in the wrong." It happens a lot in any collectors' circle, be it cigars, comic books, action figures, hot wheels... I've seen people justify all sorts of insane, destructive, and harmful behavior simply because they felt entitled, were pissed someone else had what they wanted, and felt that someone else (the scalper/gouger/whatever) deserved whatever he got.
There is no such thing as seller protection on eBay. If someone wants to chargeback there is pretty much nothing you can do to stop them.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
There is no such thing as seller protection on eBay. If someone wants to chargeback there is pretty much nothing you can do to stop them.
Oh, I know it. I won't sell on eBay anymore because of that. Just not worth the risk.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh, I know it. I won't sell on eBay anymore because of that. Just not worth the risk.
The seller protection is a complete joke, I use to sell stuff on eBay non-stop, took a break from it and was scared to go back because of all the bad experiences I've heard people talking about.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The worst part as a seller is if someone rips you off and asks for a refund it is better to just give them the refund and be done with it. If you take it to the resolution center you will more then likely lose, and probably receive negative feedback from the thief. I still have 100% feedback on fleebay, but it's not easy as a seller.

TLDR: eBay sucks and eBay/P@ypal take 12% total so it's not worth risking sales on there.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Not cigars, but can someone please explain this to me? Is this stuff really that good to command this kind of price? Whats the MSRP on it, if there is such a thing?