What's new

Crazy stuff you see in nature..

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Jody, you left us hangin'.
You got an eastern gray as a pet?
A buddy cut down a dead tree and they were inside it. Ang is a huge animal lover and helps a local lady who is a registered wildlife rehabilitator. She has raised them several times in the past, along with orphaned deer and such. When they get big enough she’ll let them go here on our property where we know they won’t be hunted.
F7483F15-EE77-48FF-B807-364EA04EC6DF.jpeg
Here’s a pic I just took of them playing around. Unfortunately the runt of the litter didn’t make it. They all have their eyes open now and are doing well.

Jody

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Those things are racing around in my soffits and attic. Probably trying to make more baby squirrels while destroying my roof.
That's kind of how I feel about it. Harboring the enemy!!!

Stupid Tapatalk
I feel ya guys. We live in a two story log house in the middle of nowhere with 40+ oak and hickory trees in the yard alone, that’s not counting the trees that are in the woods that surround the house on three sides. We are all the time catching flying squirrels in the house. Mostly in the closets hiding in the clothes that are hung up. The gray squirrels and fox squirrels chew on the freaking logs like a dang beaver! Don’t even get me started on the chipmunks that have a freaking tunnel system throughout the yard that would impress the North Vietnamese Army during the Vietnam War!! But.... my wife has a soft spot for them and she puts up with my hobbies, which are many and expensive, so I in turn put up with hers. I do enjoy sitting on the deck or front porch watching them run amok, they’re funny little bastards. If my daughter had her way she would have already hunted them all down and shot them, but we don’t let her hunt here close to the house cause we like watching all the wildlife, so I take her other places hunting. I’m surrounded by five women and it’s a fine balancing act trying to keep them all happy, let me tell ya.

Jody

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I feel ya guys. We live in a two story log house in the middle of nowhere with 40+ oak and hickory trees in the yard alone, that’s not counting the trees that are in the woods that surround the house on three sides. We are all the time catching flying squirrels in the house. Mostly in the closets hiding in the clothes that are hung up. The gray squirrels and fox squirrels chew on the freaking logs like a dang beaver! Don’t even get me started on the chipmunks that have a freaking tunnel system throughout the yard that would impress the North Vietnamese Army during the Vietnam War!! But.... my wife has a soft spot for them and she puts up with my hobbies, which are many and expensive, so I in turn put up with hers. I do enjoy sitting on the deck or front porch watching them run amok, they’re funny little bastards. If my daughter had her way she would have already hunted them all down and shot them, but we don’t let her hunt here close to the house cause we like watching all the wildlife, so I take her other places hunting. I’m surrounded by five women and it’s a fine balancing act trying to keep them all happy, let me tell ya.

Jody
May God have mercy on your soul. That is too much estrogen