What's new

Crazy stuff you see in nature..

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Dogs were going bonkers last night barking at the front window. Figured it was a rabbit or something but when they didn’t stop my wife looked out and there was a hulk of a black bear strolling down my front walk. Didn’t manage to get a pic till it was down my driveway and heading to the neighbors. That fence behind is not as small as it looks.42A7FB08-B7F1-4EF4-BD92-259BF685A982.png

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Dogs were going bonkers last night barking at the front window. Figured it was a rabbit or something but when they didn’t stop my wife looked out and there was a hulk of a black bear strolling down my front walk. Didn’t manage to get a pic till it was down my driveway and heading to the neighbors. That fence behind is not as small as it looks.View attachment 134946
Wow! I would SHIT if I looked out my window and saw that!:wideyed:

Jod

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wow! I would SHIT if I looked out my window and saw that!:wideyed:

Jod
Many years ago, I did an impromptu trip to my Uncle and Aunt's vacation trailer in NJ with my brother and friend. On our way up the winding backroads surrounded by the woods I said to my buddy that every trip we made there every year growing up (sometimes more than once) we always left with a new memory of something. So of course my friend said, "all these years coming here, do you see any bears?" as we're pulling into the trailer park. Low and behold, we found Yogi enjoying the dumpster buffet of the evening. My friend and I got out of the car (like idiots) to try and get a cell phone picture (throwback to the blackberry days) of him since it was so dark. He saw us before we could get a decent pic, plus my brother scared sh*tless in the backseat of the car yelling at us to get back in, but he had to be as big as the picture Juice posted. I'll have to dig up the picture and try to post it here.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Many years ago, I did an impromptu trip to my Uncle and Aunt's vacation trailer in NJ with my brother and friend. On our way up the winding backroads surrounded by the woods I said to my buddy that every trip we made there every year growing up (sometimes more than once) we always left with a new memory of something. So of course my friend said, "all these years coming here, do you see any bears?" as we're pulling into the trailer park. Low and behold, we found Yogi enjoying the dumpster buffet of the evening. My friend and I got out of the car (like idiots) to try and get a cell phone picture (throwback to the blackberry days) of him since it was so dark. He saw us before we could get a decent pic, plus my brother scared sh*tless in the backseat of the car yelling at us to get back in, but he had to be as big as the picture Juice posted. I'll have to dig up the picture and try to post it here.
Ha! I just pictured that crazy scene in my head. Hilarious.:ROFLMAO:

Jody

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ha! I just pictured that crazy scene in my head. Hilarious.:ROFLMAO:

Jody
Oh it was. And if you were to ask my friend, he'd remember. And probably tell you how my dopey brother called my parents and told them what we were doing which made it even more hilarious. And them yelling at us through the phone to get back in the car and head up the roads to the trailer lmao. Mind you we were all a lot younger (and dumber) too. I'm chuckling as I type this up. I really miss those days. Sadly, my Uncle and Aunt no longer have the trailer either. So these memories are even more near and dear to me.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oh it was. And if you were to ask my friend, he'd remember. And probably tell you how my dopey brother called my parents and told them what we were doing which made it even more hilarious. And them yelling at us through the phone to get back in the car and head up the roads to the trailer lmao. Mind you we were all a lot younger (and dumber) too. I'm chuckling as I type this up. I really miss those days. Sadly, my Uncle and Aunt no longer have the trailer either. So these memories are even more near and dear to me.
Sounds like a scene out of Great Outdoors with John Candy when they were at the “bear dump”. :ROFLMAO:
E9AF40A9-C89B-4F01-AC88-D8EDDF48FE70.gif

Jody

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
While weed wacking the backyard I flushed, what I'll assume, was the mother.
Found this little guy 10 minutes later. Last year there was a clutch of four in roughly the same area. Where's a Red-tailed hawk when you need one.

The wife sees a cute little Cottontail.
I see hasenpfeffer with a nice Anabasis Barley wine.

Wabbit (1).JPG
Wabbit (2).JPG

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
While weed wacking the backyard I flushed, what I'll assume, was the mother.
Found this little guy 10 minutes later. Last year there was a clutch of four in roughly the same area. Where's a Red-tailed hawk when you need one.

The wife sees a cute little Cottontail.
I see hasenpfeffer with a nice Anabasis Barley wine.

View attachment 135127
View attachment 135128
I caught this little guy a couple weeks ago while mowing -
IMG_7611.PNG

My daughter - "let's keep him!"
Me - "we can't keep wild animals"
Neighborhood girls - "keep him keep him!"
Girlfriend - "omg he's so cute I want him"
Me - "I just told 8 girls that we can't keep wild animals, if they see you taking him home they'll kill me"

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
View attachment 135130

Neighborhood girls - "keep him keep him!"
Girlfriend - "omg he's so cute I want him"
Me - "I just told 8 girls that we can't keep wild animals, if they see you taking him home they'll kill me"
And?!? Are you the owner of a rabbit now?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
View attachment 135130
Me - "we can't keep
Mowing the lawn yesterday, saw the dog hiding behind the rose bush. Wandered over to look at what she was doing, and saw little bunny legs working their way down her throat.
I forget sometimes that dogs are wild at heart. I don't think she even chewed it...