What's new

Cromag

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks to all of you for your comments.

I'm just another dude that smokes cigars, but I have to admit it has been a big part of my life for almost 20 years.

There is nothing better than having someone send you a message from out of the blue to tell you how much they enjoyed something you put your time, money and passion into.

The product reviews on our site www.havacigarshop.com have been such a positive reinforcement.

Special thanks to Jon and Pete. It means alot.

Skip

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've smoked 3 out of the sampler now, and have loved each one. I'd be hard-pressed to choose between them, though I forsee smoking a lot of Knuckle-draggers due to the size which I like. in fact, I might smoke another today :) Those of you who know my smoking habits know how rare it is for me to smoke the same cigar so frequently ... 4 of the same line in 2 weeks is almost unheard of, I can count on one hand how many times I've down this (PAMs, Liga Privadas, Tat Browns, Padilla 1932s ... that's about it).

Seriously guys, you HAVE to try these if you like strong Nicaraguans. Spicy mofos, but tasty as heck as opposed to just all power. I highly recommend them based on the few I've had so far.

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've smoked 3 out of the sampler now, and have loved each one. I'd be hard-pressed to choose between them, though I forsee smoking a lot of Knuckle-draggers due to the size which I like. in fact, I might smoke another today :) Those of you who know my smoking habits know how rare it is for me to smoke the same cigar so frequently ... 4 of the same line in 2 weeks is almost unheard of, I can count on one hand how many times I've down this (PAMs, Liga Privadas, Tat Browns, Padilla 1932s ... that's about it).

Seriously guys, you HAVE to try these if you like strong Nicaraguans. Spicy mofos, but tasty as heck as opposed to just all power. I highly recommend them based on the few I've had so far.
Same here just got a ten pack a few weeks ago and smoked 4 of them. I can't wait til these are in boxes.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Damn you gentlemen and your tales of strength and wonderful flavors! It is because of you that I must spend money and try this cigar. Just ordered the sampler. Can't wait to light one up.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Damn you gentlemen and your tales of strength and wonderful flavors! It is because of you that I must spend money and try this cigar. Just ordered the sampler. Can't wait to light one up.
You're welcome, lol. Just eat something first :cool:

I was fine with the Knuckle Dragger, so when I lit up the Mandible I didn't think anything of it. I almost had to put the thing down, lol. But hey, milk pairs okay with cigars sometimes :)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm smoking another CroMagnon Knuckle Dragger right now! I frickin' can't stay away from these things, lol! I"m more than impressed ... I'm wholly infatuated. I need to get a bundle of these, storage space be damned!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm smoking another CroMagnon Knuckle Dragger right now! I frickin' can't stay away from these things, lol! I"m more than impressed ... I'm wholly infatuated. I need to get a bundle of these, storage space be damned!
I wanted to get a 5'er of that size, purely because I'm not a huge fan of the enormous ring gauges. They were backordered, so I went with the sampler pack.

In your opinion, is the 4x52 the best of the bunch?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I wanted to get a 5'er of that size, purely because I'm not a huge fan of the enormous ring gauges. They were backordered, so I went with the sampler pack.

In your opinion, is the 4x52 the best of the bunch?
So far I've only smoked the KD, Mandible, and Anthology. They are all good, honestly. I currently have the other 2 from the sampler, a 5er of Anthology, and 4 KDs.

I plan to get more KDs and Mandibles asap. The KD is just a great size for me as smoking time is always an issue and I'm always on the look out for 1 hour (or shorter) cigars that really deliver, and this one does. The Mandible was also great, but even stronger ... crazy strong, but great, and I too am not generally a fan of larger rings. I'm curious to see how these will age, but I know none of the ones I currently have will last that long, lol!

It sounds like they're doing free shipping right now on everything, so there's no downside to just getting a sampler (or two) and starting with that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have only tried the Anthropology but I really like these cigars! I have been trying to free up some storage space in my humis and I have the knuckledragger on my short list to fill some of that space up again.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've now smoked two of the Cromagnons. First up was the 4.5x60 and I'm smoking the 5x56 as I type this.

The 4.5x60 showed more strength, and actually had a decent burn for the ring gauge. I'm enjoying the 5x56 a lot more, however. The flavors seem more pronounced, and the burn is a lot better.

These cigars are very reminiscent of the Man o' War Ruination in terms of flavor. Very heavy on the earth and leather. I wish there was a lot of spice and pepper, but the flavor is still quite nice.

The Cromagnon doesn't really show its strength until you get into the last third. It's medium, medium-plus at first; but as it burns down you certainly feel its nicotine.

I have three more different vitolas to try. Hopefully I'll find a favorite. I'll definitely be picking more up after I find my preferred size.

If you're a fan of strong cigars and also enjoy the Ruination, this is definitely up your alley.

The 5x56 burning: