What's new

Cuban quality

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Sounds like your palette needs some work. A good exercise I often recommend to people to work on developing their palettes is to go through your spice cabinet. Try some different spices and try to recall those flavors and essences as you smoke your cigars. It takes some practice but you should be able to start picking up more than dirt. Also, maybe brush your teeth.

Sorry Chuck, couldnt help myself. <3 u
I'll buy a spice rack today and I'll sniff each one and try to refresh my palate for you :)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Let me chime in and play devil's advocate here:

For the most part, not many NCs were AROUND 20 years ago to be smoked today. There was no Roma, No Warped, Illusione, no Tatuaje! Oliva? MF?

In time we will see. The Nicaraguans are still in their infancy, man. Cuba and the Dominican (from what I have heard, the mid 90s Opus are phenomenal now -- please send samples) have a LOT more history behind them.

Having said that, I think CCs tend to age better because we HAVE to age them ourselves. A fresh box of CCs is generally inferior to a fresh box of a lot of NCs. But give them both a year, and watch those CCs shine.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
@Master Shake said he was very upset he wasn't on the eliti
Let me chime in and play devil's advocate here:

For the most part, not many NCs were AROUND 20 years ago to be smoked today. There was no Roma, No Warped, Illusione, no Tatuaje! Oliva? MF?

In time we will see. The Nicaraguans are still in their infancy, man. Cuba and the Dominican (from what I have heard, the mid 90s Opus are phenomenal now -- please send samples) have a LOT more history behind them.

Having said that, I think CCs tend to age better because we HAVE to age them ourselves. A fresh box of CCs is generally inferior to a fresh box of a lot of NCs. But give them both a year, and watch those CCs shine.
I get all that and don't disagree. But it's not like many people here are smoking 20 year old cubans regularly.

There are some of us who do smoke 5-9 year old Nicaraguans regularly and most of them are very good.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry "Ace" but this was meandering into "cc's are better, nc's are dog shit" territory.
Lol i agree with you. These arguments usually come full circle with the consensus of the best cigar is the one you consistently spend money on aside from that it's just a my cigar is better than your cigar debate that inevitably fizzles out

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Lol i agree with you. These arguments usually come full circle with the consensus of the best cigar is the one you consistently spend money on aside from that it's just a my cigar is better than your cigar debate that inevitably fizzles out

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk
Not true. My cigars are better than yours. :)