What's new

Cuban vs Non Cuban

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I half agree with you that the spice in many Nica cigars is overpowering for my tastes but will say that tends to dissapear after time and turn into more complex flavours I love. Not a fan of young DPG blue but 06 is amazing. They seem to age almost as well as cc's for me. Am excited to see what happens to some of these spice bombs with 10 to 15 years on them. Problem for me is it is way easier to find aged CC's then NC's.

Posted via Mobile Device
Not knocking Nic cigars or pepper bombs. I agree they do die down eventually but the pepper has become a turn off for me. I understand why people gravitate toward Nic cigars but they are just not my thing. CC's tend to have a lot of flavor and refinement that I have not found elsewhere. As with all cigars, smoke what you like. There is not right or wrong when it comes to personal taste and I would never consider NC's inferior, just less in line with my personal tastes.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
As with all cigars, smoke what you like. There is not right or wrong when it comes to personal taste and I would never consider NC's inferior, just less in line with my personal tastes.
For me, deciding whether to smoke CC or NC is the same as deciding to drink beer or spirits. Some times I'm in the mood for some aged rum or scotch, but other times, I'm in the mood for beer. One isn't better than the other. Althought different, they both get me drunk! I think all kinds of cigars have their place and I will continue to enjoy them both. :cbig:

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
For me, deciding whether to smoke CC or NC is the same as deciding to drink beer or spirits. Some times I'm in the mood for some aged rum or scotch, but other times, I'm in the mood for beer. One isn't better than the other. Althought different, they both get me drunk! I think all kinds of cigars have their place and I will continue to enjoy them both. :cbig:
100% agree. Depends what I'm in the mood for.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Very good analogy and for me exactly the case. They both have their time and place which is dependant on what I am in the mood for.

nubchin

cigar dreamin 24h
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very interesting trend now a days,,,,.
I used to get bagged the shit out :fencing:when mentioning anything favorable to CCs just years ago , now it seems everyone's enjoying CCs with NCs with a big smile :clap:.

Indeed a very good time for all cigar lovers :yes:

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
love both for different reasons. I love the nuances and great flavor of CC's without being knocked down by them. But i love NC's a little bit more because there are so many great ones to choose from. All in all, it comes down to how I am feeling at that moment of the day which one i reach for :yes:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Yeah since I'm so new it almost seems like members get cubans here easy or am I sadly mistaken?
yeah... also NFG here, but my understanding is, it is poor form to ASK on the forum. maybe make some trades, connect with fellow brothers/sisters, then discretely PM someone and ask for guidance?

and, OGFG's, if i am wrong, hit me up as well! o)

JGD

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
yeah... also NFG here, but my understanding is, it is poor form to ASK on the forum. maybe make some trades, connect with fellow brothers/sisters, then discretely PM someone and ask for guidance?

That's about right.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Newbies, remember that possessing Cuban cigars by US citizens is illegal, even if you are in a country where Cuban cigars are imported and perfectly legal (now there is a prime example of making intelligent and enforceable regulations :hysterica)

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

You pretty much got it. Just as a heads up, sources for obtaining CC's, etc. are not openly discussed here. We are simply here to enjoy a fine hobby together!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
ok, I'm a noobe. I've smoked a few in Canada, but I like to read reviews of em. I used to go on Cigar Asylum for to read and then they stopped. Wha happen??? I guess I thought we couldn't do this anymore. How come you guys do and others don't? Dumb question, but whatevs. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I've only had one cc a monte #4. I rarely nub a stick but this one burned my finger because I couldn't put it down!! I plan ongetting a box soon! But like above its alllllll personal taste. smoke a few and see what YOU think.