What's new

Cuban vs Non Cuban

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I never said that the best NC was 100% Cuban. I said that they might contain 100% Cuban tobacco. Not just Cuban seed.

If you think about it. What"s going to stop them from using cuban leaf? Its not like the Man is testing each and every cigar there. Even then. How are they going to prove that cuban leaf is present. Hell, One could make a cuban cigar and say that it was form Nicaragua or Brazil or Mars.

What's gonna stop them from using cuban leaf? Ethics? Maybe, but I don't trust people. I've seen an interview of PJ saying that cuban leaf was still the best. From that alone one could put 2 and 2 together. Manufacturers WANT to use Cuban leaf. I'm not saying they are. I'm saying they might be.

You guys could laugh at me all you want. It is quite funny. Quite Conspiracy Theory-ish lol.
I would think with such a small tobacco growing area in Cuba, it makes no sense for them to export such a finite resource to other countries.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I never said that the best NC was 100% Cuban. I said that they might contain 100% Cuban tobacco. Not just Cuban seed.
I am confused now. You are not saying the best NC cigars are 100% Cuban, just that they might contain 100% Cuban tobacco? How is a cigar that contains 100% Cuban tobacco not 100% Cuban. Help me here, math is not my strong suit.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Cuban tobacco has a specific taste IMO. I'd like to think I could tell the difference in a blind test. I've often wondered what someone like Pepin could do blending Cuban with NC. But to think this is actually taking place? I'd say that's a stretch. Agreeing with the above posts.
I love both cc and nc, but I'll admit I sold a shitload of my nc's on here after I got into the CC's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuban tobacco has a specific taste IMO. I'd like to think I could tell the difference in a blind test. I've often wondered what someone like Pepin could do blending Cuban with NC. But to think this is actually taking place? I'd say that's a stretch. Agreeing with the above posts.
I love both cc and nc, but I'll admit I sold a shitload of my nc's on here after I got into the CC's.
Yup. It is a stretch, Just something to think about. Nobody will ever admit it of course. The US is the biggest market for cigars. Nobody would want to get banned of arrested or something. We'll never find out for sure.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A Honeycrisp apple tastes much different than a Macintosh, but they are both great apples and enjoyed for their unique flavors. CCs and NCs are the same in that each can be enjoyed for their unique qualities.

I personally like certain Nicaraguan cigars as my favorites, but I also enjoy CCs, and my all time favorite is a Dominican puro (no, not Opus).