What's new

Curious what fire method you use to light up?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
What do you use primarily to light your Cigars? Fire choice?

Matches?

Match IR other source to light Cedar strip to light stick.?

Soft Flame Single, Duel, Tri -Flame, or Quad Torch?

Me I occasional use kitchen matches, but mostly Duel Torch Lighter.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
What do you use primarily to light your Cigars? Fire choice?

Matches?

Match IR other source to light Cedar strip to light stick.?

Soft Flame Single, Duel, Tri -Flame, or Quad Torch?

Me I occasional use kitchen matches, but mostly Duel Torch Lighter.
Torch for me, I've used matches, but meh, and I tend to use soft flame on my Cubans, just because. I have a kick ass single flame, but my preference is duel flame torch.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have a soft flame insert for my Zippo and some triple flame torch lighters that I typically use. I do have a quad torch desk lighter but it’s usually overkill. But when all else fails and the butane lighters won’t light in the cold at the range, a regular bic will suffice.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Been using a dual jet Lotus, but I just moved to a single jet Palio.. I like the single, MUCH better control. I rarely smoke anything big enough to warrant a triple or quad, although I do have a cheap quad that I use when its windy on the boat...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Multi-flame torch. I've had so many over the years from duals to quads. When you smoke 1,000 cigars a year, you tend to go through a lot of lighters. I like multi-flames because I slowly toast the foot without letting the flame touch. In ideal conditions it takes about 30 seconds, but in cold and windy conditions, it can take a full minute or two, and half a tank of fuel.

Currently I am using Lotus triples. In the summer, it was Bugatti duals.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Honestly when I was a kid every business use to give out book matches, it was called a promotional advertising tool. The bigger more successful businesses use to go one better with fancy box matches. Today many of those old match match books, and boxes are highly collectable.

Zippo & Ronson owned the lighter market. Every lighter was soft flame. Today we got single torches, and powerful quad torches. Lighter are no longer for the better off.

But back in G.O.D. (good old days) rookie Cigar smokers could screw up a good cigar with matches. Working with any fire, or heat source takes time to learn. How to use the heat spouse to light properly.

My buddy just ordered a electric Cigar lighter, it is chargeable via USB port. Back in G.O.D. "Port" was the left side of as ship. Times have changed. LOL. :happy: