What's new

Curivari Achilles

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Good to know.

Emerson's also has them, currently. You think the general lack of availability is causing the lack of response?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
curi is SMALL. not a ton of people in the know about the brand, much less their new shit. how was it?
Wish I knew... I think someone gave it to Chuck, or Mark, and they asked Jeff if he knew what it was... he pulled me over because he didn't know. Had me clueless too... and of course, we were having too much fun in the sun to bother with the google-machine.

But I think my curiosity is not so much on the cigar, but more on BOTL's lack of chatter about them... there are brothers on here than smoke Curivari (Buenaventura, Gloria de Leon, Serie Privada etc...) and yet we haven't caught onto this one yet. (And at the same time, we can have how many threads devoted to Tat and DE products...?)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
... there are brothers on here than smoke Curivari (Buenaventura, Gloria de Leon, Serie Privada etc...) and yet we haven't caught onto this one yet. (And at the same time, we can have how many threads devoted to Tat and DE products...?)

curi has a hard time keeping their orders fulfilled, from what i've seen. they are the kind of company who drop your local a shipper MONTHS after they order. which is frustrating, and can make a B&M decide to scale back. couple this with the fact that this is the new new, and maybe not all of them have shipped out yet from IPCPR orders, and you have a set up for "ZERO talking points".

blatant speculation, but based on talk from shop guys locally, FWIW...

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Well, my local shop has them. I haven't bought them though because I am turned off by the price tag. I do smoke a ton of Curivari though.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I really enjoyed this one. My experience was nothing like the review. I am no fan of this brand generally, but I'm getting a box of these.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have tried all of the Curivaris and I would put the Achilles at the bottom of the list. Its the most expensive offering they have and the least remarkable. There was just nothing there that was exciting.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Java is pretty spot on but we have finally got ours in from IPCPR at Emerson's. In fact we are on the second shipment and we have sold out the Heroicos size as soon as it has come in each time. One may just find its way into your box I am shipping out tomorrow anyway Sean and you can judge for yourself.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I have tried all of the Curivaris and I would put the Achilles at the bottom of the list. Its the most expensive offering they have and the least remarkable. There was just nothing there that was exciting.
Agree totally, just nothing that special nothing that knock my socks off. A nice mild to medium cigar, and a good morning smoke. but for the price there's much other options that I would rather have.

Also, has anyone else had trouble with the wrappers of all curivaris. They all seem to be very thin and crack easily.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Also, has anyone else had trouble with the wrappers of all curivaris. They all seem to be very thin and crack easily.
I have been through 4 boxes of BV500's, 2 boxes of Gloria de Leons, and 2 boxes of Café Petit and haven't had any issues yet. Knock on wood.
^same. never an issue
Cool, basically two of the Buenaventura's that I've got has had their cap literally fall off in the humidor. Maybe that's because I move them around too much and no cello, but just seemed real delicate

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have been through 4 boxes of BV500's, 2 boxes of Gloria de Leons, and 2 boxes of Café Petit and haven't had any issues yet. Knock on wood.
^same. never an issue
Cool, basically two of the Buenaventura's that I've got has had their cap literally fall off in the humidor. Maybe that's because I move them around too much and no cello, but just seemed real delicate
One of the guys at puff pointed out that the last few batches have been box pressed when the Originals were round, maybe a factory change or just rushing to keep up with demand since the CA Top 25. I leave mine in the boxes and pull them out one by one, may have something to do with why I have had no issues but who knows.