What's new

Cushioned Walking Shoes

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I say stick with new balance. Every time I try another brand I just wish I bought new balance.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
John, I stick with New Balance because my feet are ridiculously wide like godawful penguin flippers.
But I throw away the flimsy thin insole pad inside em and replace with cushioned gel insoles. Makes a big difference.
Also I get rid of mine every 6 months or so. I know when to toss em when my left knee starts to hurt.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got a ton of shoes from different major companies that are good....I have type II diabetes so I need shoes that are comfortable since I have nephropathy,,,,like walking on pins and needles. I paid $50 for the best insoles and regardless of the brand of shoes we buy...if the insoles aren't absorbing the shock...they're not going to give u comfort. Merrels are good...Rockports are good...but the insoles will guarantee the comfort.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I didn't look at sizes but here are a slew of them: Adidas Cloudfoam
Just bought a pair of these for cheap (about 49 bucks with a coupon). They really are comfortable but there are definitely shoes that are targeted for wider feet and heavier frames. ASICS, Saucony, New Balance and a few others are probably the better ones that wont crush your wallet. The Salomon Speedcross I've heard about a few times as suggestions for heavier guys but they get pricey (range from 75-175). My pops just went to a place that does a walking assessment and a weight distribution test to choose shoes that will be best for you. I think the place is called Road Runner. I don't know if they have it by you but I would definitely see if there are any places that will do that for you to help narrow things down. But in the meantime the other brother's suggestions are pretty good to help you out for now.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've got a ton of shoes from different major companies that are good....I have type II diabetes so I need shoes that are comfortable since I have nephropathy,,,,like walking on pins and needles. I paid $50 for the best insoles and regardless of the brand of shoes we buy...if the insoles aren't absorbing the shock...they're not going to give u comfort. Merrels are good...Rockports are good...but the insoles will guarantee the comfort.
@Cigary43
I am curious just what brand of insoles are you using or are they custom ?

I am starting a new job where I will be wearing steel toes all day and I am a little nervous due to the fact I deal with planter fasciitis but its not too bad.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
After years of destroying shoes, it was recommended that I visit a shoe store that caters to runners. The owner/salesman had me walk away from him and to him, and he described my issue, pronation, my foot rolled as I stepped. I tended to walk on the outside of the shoe. He gave me a list of shoes that would assist with my problem. Since then my feet do not hurt, my shoes last longer AND no more PAIN! I have since found a local store that caters to runners and sports and the owner has the same understanding and has a list of shoes that work for my issue. Only certain models of shoes cater to my particular issue and I also need 4E widths.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Cigary43
I am curious just what brand of insoles are you using or are they custom ?

I am starting a new job where I will be wearing steel toes all day and I am a little nervous due to the fact I deal with planter fasciitis but its not too bad.
They are custom....the only way to go esp.,when it comes to your feet. Worth every penny!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Since i just started working out and am on the treadmill most days i bought some running shoes. Sketchers sport. Memory foam. Who knows how long they will last, but for now they are really nice. 50 bucks was not bad. And 13 wide is very hard to find.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
After years of destroying shoes, it was recommended that I visit a shoe store that caters to runners. The owner/salesman had me walk away from him and to him, and he described my issue, pronation, my foot rolled as I stepped. I tended to walk on the outside of the shoe. He gave me a list of shoes that would assist with my problem. Since then my feet do not hurt, my shoes last longer AND no more PAIN! I have since found a local store that caters to runners and sports and the owner has the same understanding and has a list of shoes that work for my issue. Only certain models of shoes cater to my particular issue and I also need 4E widths.
This is the way to go. My local running/hiking/biking place has a fancy thingy ma bob that videos your walk and pressure points on foot. They then match you to the shoe and insole.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
This is the way to go. My local running/hiking/biking place has a fancy thingy ma bob that videos your walk and pressure points on foot. They then match you to the shoe and insole.
New balance store does something like that to. Except you walk on a piece or carbon paper or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My closet has never seen a bad time or empty shelves since my wife and I moved into our new home. We have separate closets, and each has several square feet with dozens of lockers and shelves that house clothes and shoes. My favorite choices are: classic suits, jeans, and air jordans at forstepstyle. These three objects are a great indication of how often I store or shop online. I like going to a meeting in a tuxedo because it looks more solid. Jeans and sneakers complement each other perfectly when I go out with friends.

Last edited: