What's new

Custom BOTL "Roycroft" Humidor

Yes or no on the BOTL theme?

• YES - it's a great homage to the Brotherhood!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • NO - it's a bit tacky for a family heirloom!

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Don't think I could add anything that hasn't been said already other than this looks like the definition of "all in"
Looking forward to the pics when she's done and loaded up

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Imo this is your guy....... He was out of business for a couple years. But is back after a "soft" retirement. Arlin has done everything from 1k dollar pieces to 50k and up. Also every style. Arts and crafts/ mission you name it. If I were doing something like you want. Personally I'd be calling Ron Staebell @ Aristocrat humidors.. (Money/design= total cost)
But if you want Design first then money imo Arlin is "it" @Arlin Liss.
Arlin liss humidors
http://www.arlinliss.com
Ron Staebell Aristocrat
http://www.aristocrathumidors.com

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Imo this is your guy....... He was out of business for a couple years. But is back after a "soft" retirement. Arlin has done everything from 1k dollar pieces to 50k and up. Also every style. Arts and crafts/ mission you name it. If I were doing something like you want. Personally I'd be calling Ron Staebell @ Aristocrat humidors.. (Money/design= total cost)
But if you want Design first then money imo Arlin is "it" @Arlin Liss.
Arlin liss humidors
http://www.arlinliss.com
Ron Staebell Aristocrat
http://www.aristocrathumidors.com
Was going to suggest the exact name but he seemed set on his guy J.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I got to meet the Roycroft artisan for my humi project this morning. His resume and attitude immediately put me at ease. There are roughly a dozen Roycroft Guild master wood craftsmen in the world (most of them here in Western NY). He's got three decades of experience. Some of his clients have travelled from the other side of the country just to have things designed or built. For someone who has yet to construct a humidor, he was extremely knowledgeable and eager to do it right. He was cognizant of the need to design and craft a functional, airtight piece. He knows another master craftsman in our area who has built several humis for clients, so he has him to consult with when necessary. What stunned me was the perfection in all of his display pieces. The joints, quarter-sawn finishes and inlays were gorgeous. He didn't want to discuss price yet, because his schedule is backed up for 12 months :wideyed: (not to beat a dead horse, but he's that good). He promised me sketches in three months, which I'll share with the Brothers for added input! (y) The delay is actually welcome, because I'm probably going to need a little more cash for the finished product. But it's an heirloom, and I'm confident it will be spectacular.

Oh, and based on my wife's input, my gut feeling and the poll above...I've decided to 86 the "BOTL" theme and focus on traditional Roycroft design cues. Thanks for all the advice guys! :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Zip, I used to work wood and loved the Arts & Crafts style. I especially like the woods used in your pix. I agree with some of the others about size; I'd figure on a beautifully crafted 200ct. with whatever insignia that makes you happy since it's to be your heirloom. You can store lesser sticks in the humi you currently own and keep your best in the new one. Good luck on this thing! (y)

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Zip, I used to work wood and loved the Arts & Crafts style. I especially like the woods used in your pix. I agree with some of the others about size; I'd figure on a beautifully crafted 200ct. with whatever insignia that makes you happy since it's to be your heirloom. You can store lesser sticks in the humi you currently own and keep your best in the new one. Good luck on this thing! (y)
Thanks Zig!