What's new

Custom Cigar-Band Lighters

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just a quick additional note: Thanks to a brother on this board, I now have a supply of Ronson refillable lighters that can be wrapped with the cigar bands of your choice and sent to you. If anybody's interested let me know. I'm awaiting the arrival of some special bands to do the first few with, so I do not have any pictures available yet. Pics will most likely be available within a week.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Donk and i discussed this a couple weeks ago. i almost always use a Bic and i have never gotten a off taste to the cigar. however, whenever i use a zippo to light a cigarette, i can definately tast the fuel so i know i wont use em to lite my 'gars.

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Donk and i discussed this a couple weeks ago. i almost always use a Bic and i have never gotten a off taste to the cigar. however, whenever i use a zippo to light a cigarette, i can definately tast the fuel so i know i wont use em to lite my 'gars.
You've got some lighters coming your way. If there's any particular bands you'd like, let me know. Most likely I'd need you to send the bands to me, as my stock is really depleted after the last few months of giving these out.

And for anybody else who reads this, I could really use any extra bands you might have laying around looking lonely... Naturally you'd get a fistful of lighters artfully banded in return.

Thanks.

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
How many do you want?
Hey, thanks for the offer. I'll take as many as you want to send, as I'm now steadily cranking out a little over a dozen lighters per week. At five to eight bands per lighter, I'm going through around a hundred bands each week. <G>

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
What? Free? I thought you were taking cigars in payment?
No, my original stipulation was that they are completely free, and a person who receives any lighters from me is also free to send me back cigars for whatever the lighters are worth to them. For the record, I've not sent any out to anybody yet who didn't send me back something in return, but I don't want to put any price-point or set value on the lighters. Probably if somebody requested a few dozen lighters and then said they weren't worth anything, I'd not send them any more... <G> I believe that works out best for everybody.

Naturally refillables need to have some arrangement made due to the cost involved.

Sorry if I presented any sort of misunderstanding.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Looking good! I think refillables are the way to go so you can keep using the art work you made!

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Not to belabor the point, but just to make things clear:
Butane lighters (bic disposables like what is being GIVEN AWAY here, Ronson, torch lighters) = :thumbsup:
Zippo lighters with lighter fluid = may affect the taste of the cigars.

Very nice work!

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Not to belabor the point, but just to make things clear:
Butane lighters (bic disposables like what is being GIVEN AWAY here, Ronson, torch lighters) = :thumbsup:
Zippo lighters with lighter fluid = may affect the taste of the cigars.

Very nice work!
I've never been able to detect any difference in taste, except for Zippo old-time liquid fuel and wooden matches when the sulpher hasn't burned all the way off. Also I never use a real torch type lighter to start a cigar, as they burn too hot. The disposables or my big Zippo fireplace lighter burn cool enough to light without singeing.

But of course I've been told often enough that "I have no taste" so that might be the issue with me. In any case, the lighters can also be used merely as novelty items or give-aways to friends or associates.

Thanks.

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey, thanks to everybody for their compliments on my work. Let me know if any of you want some done and I'd be happy to get them going. As of today, I've got three people in line already, so I might be running a week or so behind on getting them done, but if you don't mind the wait it's no problem to me. (If you want a specific lighter done and it costs a bit to purchase, I'll still do the work free and either send me the lighter or re-imburse me the cost.)

I also have a request if anybody wants to help me out a bit. I'm running extremely low on cigar bands. I'd be happy to make anybody some lighters that could see their way to sending me any bands they don't need. Just in case, my address is available in my BOTL profile.

Thanks again.